Lower than I like Oil Pressure >

Lower than I like Oil Pressure

Notices

Lower than I like Oil Pressure

Old 08-14-2014, 03:01 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,106 Likes on 1,400 Posts

Good call on the lines and such people !
Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Are these electric or mechanical gauges? Like SB said, I'd start there. Goofy ground or low voltage will do all sorts of crazy things. Put a temporary mechanical on there and see what you REALLY have first. If it is truly low oil pressure, then we look farther.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by CDShack
Are these electric or mechanical gauges? Like SB said, I'd start there. Goofy ground or low voltage will do all sorts of crazy things. Put a temporary mechanical on there and see what you REALLY have first. If it is truly low oil pressure, then we look farther.
I believe my readings are accurate, 1) because on initial start up the op is upper 60s, 2) both engines are almost identical. I have a mechanical gauge and I'll try to get it on for this weekend just to cover all the bases.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have a gen6 502 in the shop right now.the owner added a supercharger but did not upgrade the oil cooler,it was origionally a 415 hp engine.all the bearings look like chit and the # 1 main spun the bearing.crank is beyond repair.all this damade was caused by runnung the engine with the stock oil cooler.THE COOLER&LINES FROM MERC is way to small for the hp output.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i have a gen6 502 in the shop right now.the owner added a supercharger but did not upgrade the oil cooler,it was origionally a 415 hp engine.all the bearings look like chit and the # 1 main spun the bearing.crank is beyond repair.all this damade was caused by runnung the engine with the stock oil cooler.THE COOLER&LINES FROM MERC is way to small for the hp output.
I got in the boat last night and made my fitting list. I'm going to start with -10 high flow fittings and pushloc hose and see what that does for me as well as install my oil temp senders/gauges. I've shot my filters with an infrared after a decent pull and the temps were just above 200 so I think my cooler is ok, if it isn't too restrictive. If op isn't higher after the line and fitting swap I'll do block adapters, filter adapter, and as bad as I hate to, coolers. Damn coolers are brand new. Mike, if my temps in the pan are good and I get my op up don't you think my coolers are ok?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Registered

And Mike, the pronunciation of your last name has me baffled. I'm guessing it's like Tecuch with the "cuch" sounding like "much". Is that anywhere close? Hope you don't mind the question.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

what was the origional hp of your engines?just say TACK.like tackometer.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oil temp gauge wouldn't be a bad investment. You could even get the job done with one gauge if you are pressed for room by using a switch to toggle between senders. I know some guys like to have a sender before and after the cooler, and do it this way with a single gauge.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Registered

what was the origional hp of your engines?just say TACK.like tackometer.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
Oil temp gauge wouldn't be a bad investment. You could even get the job done with one gauge if you are pressed for room by using a switch to toggle between senders. I know some guys like to have a sender before and after the cooler, and do it this way with a single gauge.
I have Livorsi oil temp gauges in hand as well as drive temp gauges, just have to install them. I guess I'm going to put them on the pass dash. It's the only alternative I see. Looked for some pods to go on top of my dash but couldn't find any I like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.