solid or rubber prop hub??? >

solid or rubber prop hub???

Notices

solid or rubber prop hub???

Old 08-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default solid or rubber prop hub???

Looks like I spun or damaged my prop hub while planeing the boat somewhat overloaded....26ZX with a warmed over 502 and 26P Prop on a Bravo 1 drive.... It took nearly full throttle to get the boat to plane and I noticed a vibration when putting the boat in drive after getting home and putting the boat on the lift....... Looked at it while running and its got too much play at the back end and not spinning true...... Should I get a solid hub or go with the rubber???

Last edited by tpabayflyer; 08-14-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the weaker the hub material....solid, rubber, plastic the quicker the material will give way and save your expensive drives. I picked plastic hubs, the weakest of the 3.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still run plastic hub with 700hp procharged setup
Old 08-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Registered

OK Thanks... I think a heavy, single engine boat puts the most stress on the drive compared to others with twins or lighter weight..... I have not taken the prop off yet so I don't know if its plastic or rubber.... I think if I buy one I should get an extra just in case????
Old 08-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with it, TBF. And next time, maybe limit the number of "refugees" you are transporting on that boat.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

Well..... 1/2 the crew were little hotties that did not weigh much but still it was too much strain on the prop...... Motor is making some jam for sure and sounding mean! Next time it will be 2 trips to the island or leave the dudes at the house!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that having only 8 people on board caused damage. I have only done it once but I had to rescue my buddy when his boat had vapor lock. I have to take everyone back including all the gear in both boats. 12 people, three full ice chests, and a tool chest. It took me 100% throttle to get on plane but the boat performed well with that much weight. My boat is a Nordic Rage 25' so it is smaller than the Donzi. I actually got fairly decent fuel economy considering all the weight. Do you guys limit the amount of people to save drives?
Old 08-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

Well, I am also running a 26P Prop and my motor is not stock...... I should also mention I was pretty full of fuel as well....... Normally I can ease the boat on plane at 3,000rpm or less with a little down tab using 1/2 throttle or less....... I built my motor for torque and I am sure I was right around the torque peak at 4,200rpm and full throttle.... As far as handling goes, once on plane no problems at all.... If I had a 22P prop I bet I would also not have bad a problem but the combination of heavy load, nose up, big prop and high torque motor was enough to start finding the weak links in a Bravo 1 drive.....
Old 08-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tpabayflyer
Well..... 1/2 the crew were little hotties that did not weigh much but still it was too much strain on the prop...... Motor is making some jam for sure and sounding mean! Next time it will be 2 trips to the island or leave the dudes at the house!
Man, that really sucks to be trying to impress the hotties and your boat won't even get on plane!

Just havin some fun with ya, TBF! Good luck with it - hope it's something cheap.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

We were just heading out to the island for a while cruising pretty slow... on the way back I had a couple of the guys go inside the cabin and go forward..... it got on plane much better but the damage was already done from before..... live and learn!