Looking for advice >

Looking for advice

Notices

Looking for advice

Old 08-24-2014, 07:41 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

What air fuel ratio were you trying to achieve ? what timing are you running ?

Last edited by GPM; 08-24-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

7 psi on a stock motor did NOT cause this unless you had rotted gaskets ready to let loose as MANY have ran that much on these mag motors stock. Most these problems lead back to a lean tune, too much timing , insuficcient fuel supply under boost or something like that. Yes, I would pull motor and go thru it but something caused this and you need to figure that out when it goes back in, Smitty
Old 08-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
7 psi on a stock motor did NOT cause this unless you had rotted gaskets ready to let loose as MANY have ran that much on these mag motors stock. Most these problems lead back to a lean tune, too much timing , insuficcient fuel supply under boost or something like that. Yes, I would pull motor and go thru it but something caused this and you need to figure that out when it goes back in, Smitty
I will pull up my Datalogs tonight and see if i notice anything.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Check to see what your knock sensor was reading, and see what your IAT was. There's a chance the engine was already hurt from running 13:1 under boost with the old MEFI1, and now that it's making some power the head gasket finally let go. Were you running fresh 93 octane, What was your water pressure? Email me over the logs if you want, and I'll take a look.
Hopefully it won't be too bad inside once you get it apart. Give me a call if you need any help.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Check to see what your knock sensor was reading, and see what your IAT was. There's a chance the engine was already hurt from running 13:1 under boost with the old MEFI1, and now that it's making some power the head gasket finally let go. Were you running fresh 93 octane, What was your water pressure? Email me over the logs if you want, and I'll take a look.
Hopefully it won't be too bad inside once you get it apart. Give me a call if you need any help.
Thanks, I have a busy day but am hoping to get to the logs tonite.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a starter om it asap, get the water out, run a compression test, if that happens to ck out ok, fire it up and see what it sounds like, if the engine was in good shape the 7psi should have been fine with proper tuning and fuel system...we've had that conversation...what kind of timing were you at under full boost ? good luck Rob
Old 08-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Registered

Motor had 380 hours on it [ATTACH=CONFIG]528415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528416[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528419[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Looking for advice-holley-datalogs-001.jpg   Looking for advice-holley-datalogs-002.jpg   Looking for advice-holley-datalogs-003.jpg  

Looking for advice-holley-datalogs-004.jpg   Looking for advice-holley-datalogs-005.jpg  
Old 08-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Had Alex take a look at my Datalogs earlier today. Thought posting them on here might help answer some questions guys were asking me
Old 08-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GPM
What air fuel ratio were you trying to achieve ? what timing are you running ?
11.2 at WOT. Datalogs posted above show my timing. Thanks
Old 08-26-2014, 07:18 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't know anything about the Holley stuff, but it sucks you're having engine problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.