Weird 525EFI Question >

Weird 525EFI Question

Notices

Weird 525EFI Question

Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
If the wires were swapped it was not fine at idle. There is a pretty distinct vibration to a misfiring engine.
not all the time..have seen wires crossed and idled just fine, but would pop and no power...just depends which wires are crossed...
Old 09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plug wires are on correctly , just started acting up out of nowhere . Ocean Perf says no beeps equal no codes . They wont come to my marina to read codes , have to bring the boat to them , kind of disappointed with that. I didn't mention that the engines are at 310 hours , so that may open up a bunch of other possibilities. They had the "200 hour service " but original top ends . Leaving work soon to go mess with it some more .Might be haul out time . Thanks for all the advice !!
Old 09-19-2014, 03:17 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Did not read the whole thread here but what about valve springs and checking spring pressures ? I would take a fuel pressure gauge and leakdown tester to add on top of the compression testing. Also any water reversion or water leaks finding its way internally into the cylinders
Old 09-19-2014, 07:49 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

BUP- clean your pm's
Old 09-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one thinks cam or crank sensor ?

If fuel pressure checks out and theres nothing obvious wrong thats where I would be looking next.

It is time for a top end refresh, but I dont think the springs are bad enough to not run over 4000 RPM's and make the motor sound flat.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 PM
BUP
Banned

Just saying start with the basics, fuel pressure, comp and leak down, check all 8 for spark (inline sealed spark checkers) plus read your spark plugs closely and take fuel samples and or what is the condition of the fuel that is running thru your motor.

Also the real first basic steps to try and receive help for fixing any marine engine is to post what exactly you have.

OEM stock motor or NO

year model

Engine serial #.

This basic info sure would help a bunch. Plus it helps any factory tech look up Service bulletins that might be the fix for any motor .

Last edited by BUP; 09-19-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 PM
BUP
Banned

bck - you or anyone can email me at

[email protected]

Please put a subject matter in the email for example from - OSO- boat or parts or what ever marine related so I open it up. Thanks and I will look for email.

Last edited by BUP; 09-19-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

Update. Checked spark and compression , 150lbs comp. on all 8 and good strong spark. Bup , I think you nailed it . After changing plugs and filters and treating the fuel , all is well again , had a great test run . I think I dodged the bullet. Think I got bad fuel. Heard thru the local grapevine that the marina I fuel at was trying to empty there tank for replacement and I fueled up toward the bottom and filled port side tank last. Thanks to all who offered advise , you guys are awesome ! Heading to Greenport ,Long island for maritime festival in about 2 hours.
Bill
Old 09-20-2014, 08:58 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

So how do you get around bad fuel without fully removing it and add in new fresh ?
No potion can do that.

Edit in: Glad to see it's running normal again and you can go have some fun.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
So how do you get around bad fuel without fully removing it and add in new fresh ?
No potion can do that.

Edit in: Glad to see it's running normal again and you can go have some fun.
Changed all filters, added dry gas , purged fuel lines . So far so good .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.