502 HO Mag questions

Old 09-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the information.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Well Ervin, You got a lot of info but unfortunately no one ever answered your question. I think your Question is: DOES MERC have a break in ECU map for the first 20 hours on the new 502. Its a great question and I dont know either.

Chris
Old 09-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Registered

Thanks, yes that's my main question.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Subscribing.

We do know for a fact Bombardier does that exact thing with some of their new sleds (snowmobiles)...freaks a lot of people out.....so it is doable with some of the new Engine Computers out there.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Did you say you looked at his boats at Lake Havasu?
Or did you test one?
He had his first one there like mine (grey hull with blue)
Mine was still being built.
Just checking because I think these are some good people to deal with. They have done a lot for me on my boat.

It was tough buy a boat I had never seen and was 1800 miles away.
But everything turned out great.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I am sorry but maybe I was not clear. Like I said, a dealer can go into CDS - G3 diagnostic and see what updates the 8.2 cat motor has. If you have a true 2014 year model 8.2 L catalyst Mercruiser there should be no updates as of current to perform with the scan tool. (CDS-G3) or any other reprogram.

Next as I said breaking in the motor PROPERLY is the steps needed and is very important. There is NO breakin remap or reprograming on any Mercruiser or Volvo penta gas marine engine factory stock brand new for breakin mode or after. NONE - Hope this helps.

If the dealer tells you that he needs to take any mercruiser or Volvo out of breakin mode please let me know because you can have them call me or give me their phone # because they do not know what in the hell they are talking about period. Next if this is the case you need to find another dealer to work on your stuff. One that has current training and or possible NOT padding your service ticket (bill).

Hope I am very clear about all of this especially this time around. NO remap - no reprogram - no taking the engine or computer out of breakin mode. Does not exist for Mercruiser or Volvo or Indmar or PCM or Marine Power and so on for any gas marine apps factory stock controller / engine, brand new or in the past brand new. Good luck

Last edited by BUP; 10-03-2014 at 11:40 PM.