33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever

Notices

33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever

Old 10-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 509 SC
I'm pretty sure true speed on a 33' Baja with 496 or 502 power will be about 72 mph, they ride nice, don't do anything crazy, but don't exactly haul the mail! Just my experience.
What power do you have in yours? what is your top speed? AT is one boat I have very seriously considered.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Whats wrong with jumpin some waves...... thats the fun part of off shore boating..... I took this video a few weeks ago running in 3 & 4 footers doing 57 to 60 mph..... snip video
I actually like this one better.....I have to say your blond first mate is one gorgeous looking lady ! I would have told your buddy to come down off the sunpad though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOZCoS_DRs
Old 10-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Depends what you want.. 33ol fit our needs as we have small kids. Room comparable to a party barge.
pics- 7 adults, 2 54 qt coolers that double as additional sitting when needed and soft cooler all in cockpit and dance floor is still open!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530217[/ATTACH]

A friend has a 35 fountain and riding along side in rough appear to ride the same at 45-50 cruise in rough. 33ol rides well and predictable. fountain is a bit faster and I looked at them before the 33ol, but just needed cockpit space for kids.
Attached Thumbnails 33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever-image.jpg   33 Baja outlaw vs 32 fountain fever-image.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nailit
Depends what you want.. 33ol fit our needs as we have small kids. Room comparable to a party barge.
pics- 7 adults, 2 54 qt coolers that double as additional sitting when needed and soft cooler all in cockpit and dance floor is still open!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]530217[/ATTACH]

A friend has a 35 fountain and riding along side in rough appear to ride the same at 45-50 cruise in rough. 33ol rides well and predictable. fountain is a bit faster and I looked at them before the 33ol, but just needed cockpit space for kids.
I can see that you have a need for the extra cockpit space.....but for me I like more space in the engine compartment as someone who likes the easy access or just to tinker around on the engines.(as shown on this 35 Lightning)
Old 10-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice!! I did change impellors last spring, it wasnt that bad. But that is sweeet!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_Bigdog
I actually like this one better.....I have to say your blond first mate is one gorgeous looking lady ! I would have told your buddy to come down off the sunpad though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOZCoS_DRs
I told him to sit or stand befor we left. I didnt think he was going to try to do both. Lol I droped the ball on that one.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 AM
Registered

I'm a mechanic and would tinker a lot so I do like the room of the fountains in the engine compartment. Especially the staggered setup.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Fountain owners will tell you Fountains are better. Baja owners will tell you Bajas are better. Going from the boat you have now either will be a huge improvement.
Correction, any owner will tell you theirs is superior to any thing else the same size hahah

My 38 fountain against my old Baja 36 is at least twice as good in the same water. But when I stop and hang out the Baja is twice as good for daytime hanging out.

The fountain is just predictable and just seems to get better with speed, so easy to control the attitude of the boat compared to my Bajas.

It's pretty simple really. If room is what you are after it hard to beat a Baja against any other performance boat. If ultimate performance for the money is what you are after the fountain has to be the choice. No offense to anyone but the 32 fountain and the 29 with twins are my least favorite models. It scares me that they look like they at sinking, and the engine bay room is ridiculous. I know a guy with a 29 twin that has water bypass valves, looks like his bilge is running. He gets chased and yelled at everywhere he goes! Cops have tried to tow him in lol. The 33 Baja needs to be compared to the 35 beak
Old 10-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Correction, any owner will tell you theirs is superior to any thing else the same size hahah

My 38 fountain against my old Baja 36 is at least twice as good in the same water. But when I stop and hang out the Baja is twice as good for daytime hanging out.

The fountain is just predictable and just seems to get better with speed, so easy to control the attitude of the boat compared to my Bajas.

It's pretty simple really. If room is what you are after it hard to beat a Baja against any other performance boat. If ultimate performance for the money is what you are after the fountain has to be the choice. No offense to anyone but the 32 fountain and the 29 with twins are my least favorite models. It scares me that they look like they at sinking, and the engine bay room is ridiculous. I know a guy with a 29 twin that has water bypass valves, looks like his bilge is running. He gets chased and yelled at everywhere he goes! Cops have tried to tow him in lol. The 33 Baja needs to be compared to the 35 beak
+1

The OP had pics of staggered setup... I dont even think thats available in a 32 is it? And if he thinks he is getting a staggered 35... good luck with that. LOL not an easy find for one. If you do, they are priced out of the stratosphere..

If you are in the 32-35 range there are soooo many boats that are desirable and at decent prices PowerPlay, Baja, Fountain, Velocity, Donzi, AT, etc. This is a great range since it is easily trailerable but every major manufacturer has some type of offering.... Just look for a deal. In this range, they are always well balanced boats and one of the best in that manufacturers lineup for sure.

Last edited by Keith Atlanta; 10-02-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

One boat I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet is a Scarab 33 AVS. I personally have a 303 Checkmate and while I love my boat and think it handles rough water fairly well I have never ridden in a more solid and predictable boat as the Scarab. Rode in one @ cumberland for the poker run and we could run 75 with 502's in all conditions of water. Boat blasted through waves and landed predictably every time. Has a great size cabin, good size cockpit, great seating positions and all came with very reliable power. Just my .02.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.