Notices

Carb talk

Old 12-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

You get a fuel "dump" when the PV restrictions are oversized. The powervalve or power enrichment circuit is not rocket science. When its boost referenced you won't have a "dump" becauase you can tailor the amount of fuel the power valve adds easily on a quick fuel carb. The main reason not to plug them is, in my opinion, an issue at low speed when airflow thru the venturi is weak.

I agree with ya on the dyno thing!

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 12-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Well I talked to an engineer, they know everything , he says you`re all wrong. Lets spend the next couple hundred pages arguing about it.
I`d like to start insulting people now, who`s first?
Old 12-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Borg's Your Dingleberry

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Well I talked to an engineer, they know everything , he says you`re all wrong. Lets spend the next couple hundred pages arguing about it.
I`d like to start insulting people now, who`s first?

Last edited by the deep; 12-11-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

borg who?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question for you guys, I think that everyone so far the has responded to this thread, has a roots blower with carbs that are mounted sideways. So, have any of you checked at what angle they are at while running wot or Idle????? Mine are at 6.7* at idle and at 7* at WOT (depending on water conditions). And it just happens to be that 7* is perfect angle of trust for my setup. Well that don't work out the best for the float levels. Believe me put angle finder on a float bowl and see how much 7* lowers the low sides of the bowls. Maybe it wont make much difference, but I bought 6 two inch carb spacers and am milling them at 7* so when I m at WOT or idle my carbs will be flat level & can set float levels right on. Also the stock car boys have special floats for going around left turns all there lives. They are wedged on the G force side. I was thinking of installing these also, for rough waters running, getting on plane etc.... What do you guys think??????
Old 12-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bawana
I have a question for you guys, I think that everyone so far the has responded to this thread, has a roots blower with carbs that are mounted sideways. So, have any of you checked at what angle they are at while running wot or Idle????? Mine are at 6.7* at idle and at 7* at WOT (depending on water conditions). And it just happens to be that 7* is perfect angle of trust for my setup. Well that don't work out the best for the float levels. Believe me put angle finder on a float bowl and see how much 7* lowers the low sides of the bowls. Maybe it wont make much difference, but I bought 6 two inch carb spacers and am milling them at 7* so when I m at WOT or idle my carbs will be flat level & can set float levels right on. Also the stock car boys have special floats for going around left turns all there lives. They are wedged on the G force side. I was thinking of installing these also, for rough waters running, getting on plane etc.... What do you guys think??????
Mine are mounted sideways. I changed my stock fuel bowls out for the aluminum bowls with large sight glasses. What's nice about them is you can raise the float level to the top of the sight glass, which is towards the transom of the boat. With the stock style bowls you'll be spilling fuel way before getting them that high. With the stock bowls I'd set them to where they are level with the bottom of the float hole, install the float screw, then raise the float another 1/2-3/4 turn. Either way, I've never had an issue float level related.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes MT, I have the stock bowls and the way you described is exactly the way I did set them, but its still not perfect, so I opted for angle milling some carb spacers. I guess it can't hurt. its only money & time right??? LOL
Old 12-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Registered

Sounds like a cool project. Were you seeing anything negative from the float height setting ?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have thought about doing that with my 38 with #6 drives and bam 1550 dry sump trannies.she sits low in the rear and the nose is way up there.b wan,wanna make 4 of them for me while you are at it?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Sounds like a cool project. Were you seeing anything negative from the float height setting ?
Ya, once in a while when idling through a no wake & hitting others wakes... It would tend to flood a little (black smoke)...thinking it was coming through the back boosters. I didn't want to lower the floats cause I didn't want any fuel starvation at the WOT. So if figured angle plates & be done with it, the carbs will be level and close to perfect fuel level. It just at to cool to wash your rings down... Same thing probably happens when getting on plane. Although, my boat gets on plane without tabs in about the length of the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.