Grilling go fast >

Grilling go fast

Notices

Grilling go fast

Old 12-28-2014, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

A magma grill came with my 33OL and it mounts on a stainless pole that slides into a fitting starboard side just above the swim platform, I've not used it yet. but seems funtional

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 12-28-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use to grill on my old boat a lot with a rail mount connected to the grab rail by my engine hatch. Have not yet tried to use the grill on my cig but suppose if I do I will mount it on the tubular swim platform. With my old boat I found the problem was not so much a place to mount the grill when in use but more where to store it when underway so it wouldn't get damaged in rough water or damage something on the boat
Old 12-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use mine on the swim platform. Sometimes will use a few zip ties just so it does not get knocked in the water.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys.... I wish my swim platform was tubular but, on the beak boats they all have F.G. platforms. The pedistal mount would be ideal but, I cant figure out a way to through bolt it. By the way shepnic 74, Magma makes a soft side carrying case for grills, you should check them out.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

seeing that grilling,,now I'm hungry
Old 12-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

I have a bracket (not sure but I think it is a flag mount or something similar) mounted flush towards the rear of my fiberglass swim platform that I made a rod that attaches to the bottom of my Magma grill. The grill fits under my rear seat when not in use. I just take out the grill, install the stainless rod to the bottom of the Magma grill using 2 wing nuts, than it just slips into the bracket on the platform. The BBQ hangs off the back of the swim platform so nothing can drip on the boat. Very easy to setup and use. I can email you some pictures if your interested. PM your email.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by underpsi68
I have a bracket (not sure but I think it is a flag mount or something similar) mounted flush towards the rear of my fiberglass swim platform that I made a rod that attaches to the bottom of my Magma grill. The grill fits under my rear seat when not in use. I just take out the grill, install the stainless rod to the bottom of the Magma grill using 2 wing nuts, than it just slips into the bracket on the platform. The BBQ hangs off the back of the swim platform so nothing can drip on the boat. Very easy to setup and use. I can email you some pictures if your interested. PM your email.
How about putting the pictures on here for all of us to see them....Thanks in advance...
Old 12-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
we grill on the beach end.. i bring some charcoal and a pan to put them in then we use what i call a camp fire gril..simple and small enough to carry around.. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ll&FORM=HDRSC2
we do something similar plus easier and cheaper. We have the grate off an old grill and set it on top of four beer cans filled with water. Its the perfect height, empty cans are not a prob to find and the only thing you stow is the grate. if any of it gets lost stolen or broken no biggie
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

We have probably one of the best setups on our ciggy. It utilizes the smaller magma grill. We custom built a stand that consists of a 4' post that attaches to the swim platform. The top of the post has a short horizontal metal dowel to mimic a hand railing for which the magma attaches. The bottom has a 3" threaded bolt. The bolt passes thru the swim platform. A rubber padded disc threads thru the underside to keep it upright. I have pictures if someone wants to see it pm me. It is pretty sick, no bending over. Just stand on the platform and the grill is at a perfect height.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME 442
How about putting the pictures on here for all of us to see them....Thanks in advance...
I can't because I am a cheap non paying member. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.