Stainless exhaust tip flappers ???

Notices

Stainless exhaust tip flappers ???

Old 01-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`d totally be a buyer at a reasonable cost but at those prices I just feel like a fool. I`m going internal flappers this round I believe.
Hey ICDED... I am replacing my existing tailpipes and exhaust tips.. they currently have these internal flappers that install from the outside. They're on a carrier assembly and slip in from the outside and you bolt them to the exhaust tip. Dana Marine was the only company that made them. I just bought all new ones last year and now I don't need them... This is a picture of one of the ones I replaced but you get the idea... let me know if you'ld be interested in these.. I don't need them anymore.. I'm going with full length tails...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535995[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Stainless exhaust tip flappers ???-image.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 05:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Drew555
Who the hell can have a conversation with you with that avitar. I have a idea. Just post nothing in all threads so we have something to look at.. Not sure, but did you win best avitar? Because if you didn't you should now. Sorry for this interruption .... Back to the flaps.. Look awesome but I think unnecessary . Wow
I know.. I'm going to keep asking him questions so he continues to post in this thread...

On the original topic... I've decided that even I who drops stupid money on all things marine, can't justify these...if they were like $200 maybe, but $1000 for exhaust flappers is just nuts...
Old 01-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HyFive578
I know.. I'm going to keep asking him questions so he continues to post in this thread...

On the original topic... I've decided that even I who drops stupid money on all things marine, can't justify these...if they were like $200 maybe, but $1000 for exhaust flappers is just nuts...
Totally agree .... With both subjects
Old 01-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Registered

Hyfive are you doing all new exhaust?
Old 01-21-2015, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Group buy! ?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hyfive are you doing all new exhaust?
Yes, on the back motors only though. Removed the Silent Choice completely, pulled the engines to get the Y-pipes out.

Replacing these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535996[/ATTACH]

with these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535997[/ATTACH]

the new ones dump the water about an inch from the tip...
Attached Thumbnails Stainless exhaust tip flappers ???-photo-132.jpg   Stainless exhaust tip flappers ???-photo-131.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Registered

Headers or manifolds? We cut open a set of cmi headers to find out that they are not well manufactured like they say. There is not a full water gap around the pipes making hot spots... No good. #2) the inner exhaust halls are not made of high quality stainless. We know this because a magnet sticks to it.#3) the leaking headers rotted from the exhaust side out. Meaning the salt water didn't rot the pipe. The exhaust side rotted out. We are thinking that the carbon build up deprived the stainless of O2 causing it to fail. Besides the fact that the inner pipe is low quality stainless . It made my mind up to go with stainless marine manifolds. Me and the guy next to me with his hustler. Besides being half the price it's a far better product.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Headers or manifolds? We cut open a set of cmi headers to find out that they are not well manufactured like they say. There is not a full water gap around the pipes making hot spots... No good. #2) the inner exhaust halls are not made of high quality stainless. We know this because a magnet sticks to it.#3) the leaking headers rotted from the exhaust side out. Meaning the salt water didn't rot the pipe. The exhaust side rotted out. We are thinking that the carbon build up deprived the stainless of O2 causing it to fail. Besides the fact that the inner pipe is low quality stainless . It made my mind up to go with stainless marine manifolds. Me and the guy next to me with his hustler. Besides being half the price it's a far better product.
I'm not replacing the headers; just the tails. I had a bad reversion problem on the back two motors due to the Silent Choice. I eliminated the Silent Choice and had CMI make me new full length tails. I pressure test my headers religiously.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Registered

How many years on the headers?
Old 01-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Yes, on the back motors only though. Removed the Silent Choice completely, pulled the engines to get the Y-pipes out.

Replacing these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535996[/ATTACH]

with these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535997[/ATTACH]

the new ones dump the water about an inch from the tip...
Do you mind me asking how much those were and where did you get them?
Wanting to do the same, screw silent choice.
Also how long did it take to have them made?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.