700 sci whipple upgrades >

700 sci whipple upgrades

Notices

700 sci whipple upgrades

Old 01-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 700 sci whipple upgrades

Who has done the whipple 700sci upgrades?
What stage upgrades?
How did they work?
What kind of boat and how many mph gained?
Mid range performance gains?
Any water pressure issues or changes made to run the upgrades?
Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can't help you on the 700's but have a friend that did the stage II I believe on 600's and has had issues ever since...
Old 01-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best to talk to whipple or Gary teague @ GT perf or John Teague @ Teague cust marine .
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

I did Stage 2 on my 600 sci, works awesome 90 hours since kit added on a 29 foot velocity , gained 10mph , nice gain in midrange , added a low water pick up .Had to go from a 28 pitch 5 blade prop to a 30 ptich 5 blade prop Docking manners Etc all work very well .

Last edited by wellcrafted; 01-27-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

I had done the upgrade on 700 a few years back before Dustin had the 3 options.of stages. I would say I had all the options ? stage 3 we were working on it together. You can expect a large gain in the midrange and ? 3-5 on the top. Just remember you are taking a very reliable engine and pushing out of its original tune up. The one big issue you must remember is the valve train is weak and the motors have hydrolic lifters and they will fail and float after ? 5500 then bend valves, I know trust me. If you run hard you must change the oil every 5-10 hrs when the oil thins out the lifter will be more prone to foat. Mercury specs a Kendel oil 20/50 try to use it helps. With all that being said I would do it again.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Registered

I have had the stage 2 on my 600sci for a little over 100 hour and just about 5 years and have had no issues at all, I would do it again in a heart beat.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed the Whipple Stage 2 kit four years ago on my 700SCi engines and they have been great with no issues after nearly 200 hours. I re-routed the intercooler feeds as recommended in the kit and it didn't cause any water pressure issues. On my 42' Fountain the acceleration was noticeably improved and the engines idle and start the same as stock. I can run 100+MPH with six adults on a hot summer day with no problems. Dustin is really responsive, great to work with and I absolutely recommend this upgrade.

GF?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Freedom?
I installed the Whipple Stage 2 kit four years ago on my 700SCi engines and they have been great with no issues after nearly 200 hours. I re-routed the intercooler feeds as recommended in the kit and it didn't cause any water pressure issues. On my 42' Fountain the acceleration was noticeably improved and the engines idle and start the same as stock. I can run 100+MPH with six adults on a hot summer day with no problems. Dustin is really responsive, great to work with and I absolutely recommend this upgrade.

GF?
Sounds like most so far have had good experiences. Thats good.
I am planning on doing a top end refresh this winter with new stronger springs, locks, retainers, valve job, rockers. So should be all fresh.

Got Freedom
I do have a question what kind of mph gains did you get from the kit?
One of my big questions is the water pressure. The re route you talk of is? It consist of?
I thought they wanted to put bigger fittings into the inter cooler and that was part of there package but the guy I talked to didnt think it was part of the kit, He thought it would probably help but didnt know what it would do with water pressure and I should talk to Dustin.
I have been trying to get answers from Whipple on this package for 3 weeks now. I have called 2 or 3 times a week, sent a email the last 2 weeks with specific questions and I cant seem to get any answers. They tell me I need to talk to Dustin and I give them my name and number for him to call but have yet to get a return call.
Don't know if I'm having bad luck or what but starting to get unimpressed with the customer service knowledge with these kits.
So That is why I'm looking for more feedback from you guys.
Any and all help is appreciated! Thank You
Old 01-29-2015, 01:07 AM
Registered

The reroute kit consists of a new fitting and a longer piece of hose to move the location where the intercooler gets its water. From the factory the intercooler water comes from a fitting on the power steering cooler which is after the fuel cooler and the engine oil cooler so the water is already getting warmer at that point. With the new reroute fitting it moves the water intake for the intercooler in front of the engine oil cooler where the water is cooler. The larger fittings are an option to be used with an offshore pickup and a sea strainer and no longer uses water from the engine. I just did the reroute kit on mine and it did not affect the water pressure or cause any heating issues.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the same water re-route as Sport and it didn't impact my water pressure. It basically moves the intercooler feed to be before any of the other heat exchangers. I boat mostly on Lake Michigan so I didn't really consider the Whipple upgrade that increases the size of the intercooler fittings but I will probably add them at some point. Just know that if you have marginal water pressure this kit won't make it any better. The 700SCi engines need at least 30PSI at 5,200RPM or you will get an alarm and possibly jump to guardian mode.

Before the installing the kit I had to be low on fuel and trimmed way up to hit 102MPH. Last season I ran a poker run with six adults, two cooler an a dog and was comfortably running at 104MPH trimmed level and with plenty of throttle left. My best speed so far is 110MPH.

Give Dustin a call, it's worth it.

GF?

I have always found Dustin to be very responsive so I recommend you keep trying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.