BBC Rocker Arms >

BBC Rocker Arms

Notices

BBC Rocker Arms

Old 02-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC Rocker Arms

Although I have Jesel Shafts on by Blown motor......Whats the hot ticket for stud mount rockers? .630 lift Hyd Roller 572cid Leaning towards Comp Cams
Old 02-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 02-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Scorpion pretty good for the money
Old 02-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Scorpion pretty good for the money
Agree, I'm running a set and happy so far.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have jessel to not happy with them! i am looking at crower set up and so far they are looking good.stainless steel the way i am going .
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bajabob
i have jessel to not happy with them! i am looking at crower set up and so far they are looking good.stainless steel the way i am going .
Could you please explain what is wrong with the Jesel stuff?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:43 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Just curious, with the rocker arm being one of the most abused parts in an engine, why not go for the strongest one available. I'm sure some will say it's overkill, until they have a bunch of broken pieces banging around inside their engine.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

EVERYTHING about these new engines I'm building is about RELIABILITY with Power. Not putting anything in it that saves $20! Leaning towards Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnums. Personally havnt had any problems with Jesel Shafts, you WILL have to slightly "modify" them to get the geometry dead on though! VERY IMPORTANT! I think if people have "problems" they most likely just took them out of the box and threw them on?!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TAStevens
EVERYTHING about these new engines I'm building is about RELIABILITY with Power. Not putting anything in it that saves $20! Leaning towards Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnums. Personally havnt had any problems with Jesel Shafts, you WILL have to slightly "modify" them to get the geometry dead on though! VERY IMPORTANT! I think if people have "problems" they most likely just took them out of the box and threw them on?!
You are right. Improper setup (geometry, pushrod, spring ect.) part fails and the manufacturer get blamed for faulty parts.

For your setup I would highly recommend the Scorpions. The Comp stuff leaves a lot on the table to still be desired. The engineering of there steel arm puts more weight on the valve and that's a big no no. With that sort of lift and a hydraulic lifter an aluminum arm will give you many trouble free hours. I've ran the Scorpions @.721 lift 50 hours 6,000 or above.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I am using Scorpion Endurance on my new engines, no reason to have the heavier steel on my application, the life is gonna be just as long, if rockers are set up right there is no failures to happen from the actual rocker being aluminum over steel...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.