JimV question >

JimV question

Notices

JimV question

Old 09-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JimV question

I talked to you a couple weeks ago about having the long tabs on a 27.Did you remove your tabs altogether?If you did how does it handle,and any increase? I ran into similar situation that you talked about.I ran onto some big cruiser wake and didnt completely clear the second wave,the tab must have caught and pulled me hard left. NOT GOOD! I'm thinking of going back to the shorter ones or removing totaly.

P.S. Nice numbers LOTO

Brian
Old 09-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALFSTER

Man I hope you didn't get hurt. I got busted up pretty good, now I'm as back to as normal as I'm gonna get. It sucks to learn like that. How fast were you going?

The long tabs worked great in big water 4-6 ft. waves. The boat would come off the wave dead flat, landed perfect. It seemed like they cost 1-2 mph top speed which is the main reason I removed them. I did not have time to test the boat without any tabs but I think it would be worth a try. I would be carefull to try it, I think the tabs would help stabilize the boat if it launched off a wave.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Registered

JimV
I wasnt hurt my passenger was a little sore.The wake came in from the side tried to steer into it.Igot the boat around,but the drive was pretty high allowing the bottom to drop out.The boat cleared the second wave', but the tab didnt.Dont know the speed for sure somewhere in the seventies.
The boat handles great and flies straight with the long tabs,it just caught me unprepared this time.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

Ouch, I landed on one tab this summer and it broke right off the transom, nearly sunk me. Gonna make things lots stronger this winter. It didnt seem to try and turn my tank very much, landed straight.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALFSTER

Thats the same thing that happened to me. My drive height was a little on the high side too.
Old 09-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

The big 380's are great in big water, They allow you to run faster than the shorter ones without scrubbing off as much speed mainly because of the longer length they are more parallel with the water surface and you don't have to put them down as far to keep the boat in the water, Also on a fast single engine V bottom they really help controlling chinewalking in smooth water. On the other hand you have to be careful with them beacuse they will bite you if you get a little too aggressive with them.