wix oil filters >

wix oil filters

Notices

wix oil filters

Old 03-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by dcb
Carquest carries the Wix racing filters.
So does NAPA. I'll keep running the R filters, they really don't cost that much.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
So does NAPA. I'll keep running the R filters, they really don't cost that much.
Unless you running large volume dry sump oil pumps , that need the volume ( GPM ) .
I wouldn't run the R filter. The micron rating isn't low enough to filter your oil effectively .
The R filter is for someone that changes there oil very frequently ( such as a race engine ) .
You will be hurting yourself in the long run. Someone mentioned the 51794 ( 2 Quart Filter )
That's what I would run if you can fit it, the filter media is about twice as long as the 51060.
Less pressure drop , more flow , increased filtering capacity. Ive used the 51794 on 800HP Sprint Car Engines
without any issues. Buy a filter cutter from Jegs or Summit and look insde the different brands , you'll get an education!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnitagain
Unless you running large volume dry sump oil pumps , that need the volume ( GPM ) .
I wouldn't run the R filter. The micron rating isn't low enough to filter your oil effectively .
The R filter is for someone that changes there oil very frequently ( such as a race engine ) .
You will be hurting yourself in the long run. Someone mentioned the 51794 ( 2 Quart Filter )
That's what I would run if you can fit it, the filter media is about twice as long as the 51060.
Less pressure drop , more flow , increased filtering capacity. Ive used the 51794 on 800HP Sprint Car Engines
without any issues. Buy a filter cutter from Jegs or Summit and look insde the different brands , you'll get an education!
Ditto. I came to the exact same conclusions. Buy the NAPA...save money...save your motors.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnitagain
I've seen the filters cut apart over and over and just recently in a thread. I've also seen all of the threads endorsing the "R" Wix. Like most of us, I change my oil 2 or 3 times a season. Hmmm, maybe it's time for a poll.......
Old 03-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I just got 4 of the 51794's I like the idea of the better filtering yet bigger for better flow so I gess we will see how they work out.