Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Agree or Disagree? >

Agree or Disagree?

Notices

Agree or Disagree?

Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Being a newbie and coming in fresh to this sport so take my opinion/ rant for what it's worth but a fresh opinion nonetheless, I think that a boat manufacturer should be held liable for sealing EVERYTHING in their product appropriately. PERIOD! If there is rot caused by some other aftermarket part installed incorrectly, owner neglect/ mistreatment, or if the original sealed parts are taken off for whatever reason and reinstalled and resealed poorly then the manufacturers are off the hook for that repair...SIMPLE! These are BOATS and they go in WATER so it should be sealed CORRECTLY the first time no excuses, no BS, that's their JOB! It isn't right that people pay the money they do for these boats, maintain them impeccably and through no fault of their own the thing rots away from underneath them. Are owners supposed to be responsible for taking everything apart after they take delivery of a new boat and check that it has been built and sealed right? If so they should sell "kits" people can put together themselves and pay someone more qualified and cares to do it right the first time... Or someone should open a business called "I will take apart and reseal your boat correctly so it doesn't leak and rot since your builder was too lazy or cheap to do the job right the first time".

Maybe you can tell I'm a little frustrated lol

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...head-help.html

P.S. In my case I have yet to figure out why mine has the rot so I'm not passing judgment, but from what I have seen in this industry everyone just "accepts" problems they should not as consumers accept...case and point, "Bravo drives"?? I guess if I hang out here enough I will become numb to certain things... lol.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you have a very valid point there, but it isn't nearly as regulated an industry as automobiles. in fact i think just about anybody can buy some molds and a big tub of resin and call himself a boat manufacturer.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
you have a very valid point there, but it isn't nearly as regulated an industry as automobiles. in fact i think just about anybody can buy some molds and a big tub of resin and call himself a boat manufacturer.
That's because nobody complains...

You are probably right so lets do it!! Lol!