few questions with new build >

few questions with new build

Notices

few questions with new build

Old 04-15-2015, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions with new build

OK, my gen6 Procharged 502 mag let go last year. New 540 is about done and I'll be rigging up shortly. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go, but here's a couple for now.

Throttle linkage. Had the cable that hooked up to the TB on my stock mpi setup and I now need a bracket to move it to the other side of the intake and hook up to a carb style serp. What it actually is, is a holley HP efi serp with a TB on top.

Dry tails. Currently I've got DANA flow torque manifold's with stainless risers. Wet. Going dry to tip. I've ordered some stainless 3.5" pipe and some polished stainless 4" . it's my understanding that I'll run both pipes through the transom completely, through a 4.5" hole so it's not a tight fit. Then at the end, I weld the inner and outer pipes together then drill a hole in the outer pipe, on the bottom to let the water out. Correct?

Thanks to anyone that can help out.
Will.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Wil, here is a good picture of what I was talking about for the cable linkage. I'm starting to get excited about your project, and firing that bad boy up.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ey-carb-2.html
Old 04-16-2015, 08:34 AM
Registered

Thanks Rocky! I'm excited to lol. Taking a little longer than wanted but 950-1000 HP don't happen over night and I really do think it will be done right when it's finished. Big thanks to you and Alex Haxby!