rocker arm stud diflection >

rocker arm stud diflection

Notices

rocker arm stud diflection

Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Thanx for pointing that out Joe, something I would not have checked.

Correct stud on bottom for my Dart heads. Top is what the previous owner installed. "it`s fiiiiine"

dan,the iron head is a completly different anamil.you will be fine with those studs for your application but since you already have them out measure the depth of the bosses,i think you could go a little longer on the short one.

Last edited by mike tkach; 04-19-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
dan,the iron head is a completly different anamil.you will be fine with those studs for your application.
We still changed them out for the correct longer studs that dart recommends for the iron eagle head, since I happened to have them in stock .
Old 04-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Baja
The head has issues. It's not a myth. When you use a rocker arm the geometry is always wrong that's why there is a pattern/ sweep. What's your point? You walk on water. Have a magic wand you can wave over a valve train and it becomes perfect. Not sure what you are getting at. I on the other hand was simply trying to give the OP I different idea than what was posted by others as what to look for.
read your post bb,then read what the op posted,than admit you are wrong,no shame in that.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i ran 355 cnc pro1 heads on a blown alcohol engine with 340 lbs on the seat,8500 every pass,guess what,never had a problem.as i said,ATTENTION TO DETAIL!black baja,care to tell us exactly what problems YOU have had with a pro1 head.
Having seen a few bad sets and warned by a few who build motors and heads for a living of the pitfalls. It was recommended to me by someone who builds some of the fastest heads in the world that if weight wasn't a concern the race series head was the way to go. For those reasons I have steered clear of them.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

read your post bb,then read what the op posted,than admit you are wrong,no shame in that.
What in the world are you talking about?
Old 04-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered

What in the world are you talking about?
i should have known this is how you would respond,i guess you can never be wrong,an for sure will never admit when you are.just keep spewing your bullchit,that is what we have come to expect from you.dart has sold hendreds of thousands of the pro1 heads ,i guess they are all junk,WTF.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd like to think that if there was a flaw in Dart's pro 1 heads, even for drag racing solid roller applications, Reher morrison, Shafiroff, sunset racecraft, race flow development (curtis boggs), and many many others, would have stopped using them a long time ago, and certainly not still using them, to this day.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Registered

Having seen a few bad sets and warned by a few who build motors and heads for a living of the pitfalls. It was recommended to me by someone who builds some of the fastest heads in the world that if weight wasn't a concern the race series head was the way to go. For those reasons I have steered clear of them.
first you claimed they have geomitry problems,than they are too lite,now some HEAD BUILDER told you to steer clear of them,do you ever run out of bullchit?
Old 04-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't find anything wrong with the head. The lock nuts are all the exact same height ( straight edge straight ) The boss is perfect. I don't for the life of me know why there is this pattern on the bottom of the valve cover. Looking at the cover that is a low spot in the face of the cover. There are other marks on the cover but none as pronounced as this one. Nothing seams broken here.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I'd like to think that if there was a flaw in Dart's pro 1 heads, even for drag racing solid roller applications, Reher morrison, Shafiroff, sunset racecraft, race flow development (curtis boggs), and many many others, would have stopped using them a long time ago, and certainly not still using them, to this day.
Thank You MT I was waiting to see how long it took before someone stated the obvious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.