Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Kohler 5E - Genset Help >

Kohler 5E - Genset Help

Notices

Kohler 5E - Genset Help

Old 04-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Forklift??? What kind of a red neck do you take me for? Like I would really keep a Clark 5000lb tripple mast forklift in my residential suburban home garage just in case I need to pull something heavy out of a boat. I mean my neighbors would hate me..... oh wait, never mind

By the way now that you mentioned hung over breakfasts, I deeply regret my prior comments....
Old 04-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Plugging into your friends genset equipped boat to run your AC or other amenities, priceless.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Where do you guys boat at? I'm on Texoma
Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamontes
Thanks Whodathought for the ribbing... I'll keep in mind what a bad idea it is to have a microwave next time you wake up hung over and need breakfast. Enjoy your hot plate bro! BTW - I need to borrow your forklift to pull this thing out.

Endeavor1 - What I have been researching tells me there is not any difference in the mower or marine version, but I did see something specific to the FD501D regarding a tapered crankshaft. Guess I will call JD today and get the low down.

Thanks!
While I can't comment on your specific motor, what I have seen on other brands is that the equipment version (tractor/whatever) will have a standard round keyed output shaft. Typically a pulley or pump or something else relatively short is attached there. A genset engine supports on end of the longer rotor and requies that it be true and balanced, so the output shaft is tapered so it can be perfectly centered.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Endeavor we have done most of out boating together on eagle mountain lake. Its kinda small but very close and easy with a private boat ramp less than 2 blocks from our houses. I can literally hook the boat up to the truck and be idleing away from the dock in 10min without have to deal with general public at the boat ramp hassels. That is pretty easy to gey used to.

I do make at least 2 trips a year to lake texoma and every year we say we are going to make it more often. Maybe this year will be that year, also have enjoyed trips to lake pk and caynon in san antonio as well as lake travis before it got 40 feet low. Maybe we can try and caych up with some fellow oso folk this summer.