Lift points on a '83 Scarab 377 >

Lift points on a '83 Scarab 377

Notices

Lift points on a '83 Scarab 377

Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift points on a '83 Scarab 377

I'm new to the forum...thanks in advance for any responses. I'm building a dock with lift for my '83 Scarab 377 and the dock builder has requested lift points. I have the owner's manual but it does not have the info. A quick search on the internet wasn't very helpful either. My dock builder has an idea of where he will put them if we can't find it (he owned a , but I would certainly like to be correct on this than just taking an educated guess. I inadvertently posted this to the "safety" section of the forum, which doesn't appear to get much traffic (hehe).

Thanks again for any help tracking this info down
Old 05-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I am assuming that your lift is using straps. If that is the case I would put the rear most strap at a point 1/2 way between the transom and the front of the engine. This way it is supporting a good portion of the weight of the boat. For the front, make sure you place it as close as possible to a bulkhead. Maybe the 3rd bulkhead from the front
Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have clarified...it will be a 16' cradle lift. I'm essentially looking for the point where the weight is balanced front-rear.