Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
what kind of boat is this >

what kind of boat is this

Notices

what kind of boat is this

Old 10-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worked on boat yesterday. Took out all the seats and bulk head. Every thing was rotten bad. Took the side vents off and the wood part of the deck there is like sawdust. Both engines locked up. Took a lot of pictures I'll post them this week.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

heres some pictures. I have allot more on my photo bucket account. wideopenford is the profile name

will start thread in restoration section soon

Old 11-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Pulling out the rotten upholstery and power washing that thing will go a long ways. Looking forward to this build!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you start the restoration thread, make sure to post a link here.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Registered

I'm trying to figure out how to get the floor out. its all one piece and runs up the sides. once we get the cabin door and frame out the way I think I'm gonna cut the floor right under it in the center so I can take it out in two pieces. a left and right. it would prolly break there anyways if we try and take it out in one piece........ of course the frame is caulked in with some tough stuff!!!

the tank is in great shape. dirty on the outside but the inside looks like new.

this is a up close of the above picture where you see the glass cracked. I dug this hole with my finger. and look how far foreword we are in the hull

Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered

It's crazy, was a lot of that just raw wood? Not even resin coated? Some of it looks like fiberglass wrap maybe?
Old 11-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBCLiberator
It's crazy, was a lot of that just raw wood? Not even resin coated? Some of it looks like fiberglass wrap maybe?
Yea it looks like just one layer of glass. Pretty disappointing. Zoom in on that picture I took of the stringer with the blue battery charger sittin there. Look directly bellow the charger you can see it looks like they dropped the floor in and then used a circular saw to cut the opening for the tank. They cut into the stringer and didn't seal it.

I'm bummed the boat is so rotten because I was hoping I could at least put it in the water on a calm day and see what it will run with them mags. Hate to put a bunch of money in a bad handling hull. Do yall think it's too rotten for a sea trial?

I did get the starboard engine to run. Gotta pull a head off the port and figure out why I got antifreeze in #3 cyl
Old 11-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Registered

I wouldn't run it like that, but that's just me. I'd be afraid something would break loose...and then you really have a problem.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:26 AM
Registered

That's really to bad, As the outside of the boat seemed to clean up well, If there is this much damage just wait till you get into it. I think you will be parting her out!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

What a cool old boat and what a shame the build quality is such that this thing most likely would have rotted out having never been put in the water or sat outside its entire life! Kinda like our '74 Vega. The only car ever built to rust out sitting on the showroom floor!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.