what kind of boat is this >

what kind of boat is this

Notices

what kind of boat is this

Old 05-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bustedbrick
That's a cool looking boat! Before starting it, I'd pull the distributors and get oil pressure with a drill motor. Mark exactly where the housing and rotor were before pulling them out and they'll go back in easy after you line up tang in the oil pump shaft. If you really stumbled on a pair of low hour mercs, to me it would be worth the effort. After you do this (AFTER distributors are back in), gently make sure they turn though a rotation by using a breaker bar on the front pulley bolt. Much easier to do this with plugs out. Randy
Good advice, Randy. I would also squirt some oil or Marvel Mystery Oil down each plug hole before turning it over.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
BTW, I am very curious about that square thing on the port side stern. It almost looks like some kind of heat exchanger. What is that?
Its a faucet to wash off with. PIMPIN in 1990.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 250ekelly
Its a faucet to wash off with. PIMPIN in 1990.
Ahhh, a stern shower. Sweet! You can just hose down the swim platform after all of the late night shenanigans!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the boat. Totally different then you see every day. It would be a great sand bar boat. No need for a ladder. Looks like the transom steps will be at or just below water level.
If the engines check out you should be on the water pretty cheap.
Chances are the cuddy is still good and usable. Will just need a good cleaning (give that project to the girlfriend ) Then just have to redo the cockpit upholstery/rear sun pad. You will probabley have a couple electrical gremlins but they can be worked out, along with a new stereo.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just saying find it a tad odd that the seller and the guy selling the boat no one knew what brand nor model of the boat - does this boat even have a title - all of that info should be listed on the title. If I did not answer in POST 6 would the possible buyer and seller know still today what and who made this boat and where ? I would make sure all the paper work is there and the boat is not in hiding with a lien on it - just saying. Anything is possible in today world and still find it a tad bit odd no one knew what the boat brand is nor model at the very least from anyone who is selling it. - until post 6.

the race boat was a one off from the owner of company at that time - Kirkland was his name - the race boat was made different than the production boat. There is wood in that boat and so is the transom - stingers and so on. Just saying. If you the sale does not happen - I would like to see if the guy I know whats to buy it or however splash it. He is looking for something with a step in it, plus possible to improve upon.

It would be cool some of these older boats, possible being made again and offered to whomever at a decent price brand new. Just saying once again.

Last edited by BUP; 05-27-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Registered

BUP, while you are at it, can you have your friend build a copy of the old Baja 265 hull, but with the 24* bottom on the sport boats? Love the room on those boats, but it needs a smoother ride.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Just saying find it a tad odd that the seller and the guy selling the boat no one knew what brand nor model of the boat - does this boat even have a title - all of that info should be listed on the title. If I did not answer in POST 6 would the possible buyer and seller know still today what and who made this boat and where ? I would make sure all the paper work is there and the boat is not in hiding with a lien on it - just saying. Anything is possible in today world and still find it a tad bit odd no one knew what the boat brand is nor model at the very least from anyone who is selling it. - until post 6.

the race boat was a one off from the owner of company at that time - Kirkland was his name - the race boat was made different than the production boat. There is wood in that boat and so is the transom - stingers and so on. Just saying. If you the sale does not happen - I would like to see if the guy I know whats to buy it or however slash it. He is looking for something with a step in it, plus possible to improve upon.

It would be cool some of these older boats, possible being made again and offered to whomever at a decent price brand new. Just saying once again.
Yr right the next thing is the paper work. I'm going to find out Friday. It's hard to get any where with these people when you work out of town. I'm guessing if he made a reproduction of the hull this hull would be trashed??
Old 05-27-2015, 04:18 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just watching your back. I can not tell you some of the shady paperwork that can take place with boat deals. And changed HIN or missing HIN numbers. Make sure the paperwork matches the HIN on the back of the boat Just saying.

Anything is possible to splash a hull if it is not made anymore and or no patents.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on this? Curious about it...

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 06-15-2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-16-2015, 05:07 AM
Registered

I found out what the lady owes on the boat. I don't want to say on here but it's more than 3 times what I'm willing to pay. She won't take less than 11k. It's still sitting under the barn and will be there for awhile. No one is gonna pay that kind of money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.