Notices

HaxbySpeed

Old 06-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Hi - I am building a 598 from scratch. I was planning on installing a Procharger to it next winter with a drive that can handle the HP ( I hope )
what I was thinking - instead of using an MSD ignition control I would use the HOLLEY HP EFI control to just do the ignition for now and then this winter when I install the M4 add the components for fuel injection.
what are your thought on this?
What components do I need to do this and can you give me my costs if purchased from you for said parts.
I was thinking on using an MSD crank trigger and crank trigger distributor if you think that is a good idea.

Thanks
Steve W.
if you didn't get the answer yet.

you can,just need to be able to hook a TPS sensor to your carb,,all the other sensors for the efi unit will need to be hooked up.just need to plug in an iac somewhere and hide it as it might throw a code not being installed.other than that,just leave the injector harness unplugged.
I ran my truck this way w/ a carb when I was waiting on injectors.

as for crank trigger,you should be looking at 24 or 58 tooth ones and the appropriate cam sensor.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How many coils you looking to run? I am not sure on this but if you still want to use a distributor you may still need a cdi box for one coil. You might want to look at other coil options like a DIS set up or CNP. Cost wont be much more.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 14 apache
How many coils you looking to run? I am not sure on this but if you still want to use a distributor you may still need a cdi box for one coil. You might want to look at other coil options like a DIS set up or CNP. Cost wont be much more.
looks like its an added module needed.right off holley site.would have thought they could drive a simple coil.

"Eight channel Distributorless Ignition (DIS)outputs capable of directly driving “Smart” ignition coils or Holley DIS coils. Will drive 2 wire coils with the addition of PN 554-112 high current coil driver module"
Old 06-07-2015, 05:19 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Hi - I am building a 598 from scratch. I was planning on installing a Procharger to it next winter with a drive that can handle the HP ( I hope )
what I was thinking - instead of using an MSD ignition control I would use the HOLLEY HP EFI control to just do the ignition for now and then this winter when I install the M4 add the components for fuel injection.
what are your thought on this?
What components do I need to do this and can you give me my costs if purchased from you for said parts.
I was thinking on using an MSD crank trigger and crank trigger distributor if you think that is a good idea.

Thanks
Steve W.
I'm not looking to start an arguement, just curious as to why you would want to do this.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
looks like its an added module needed.right off holley site.would have thought they could drive a simple coil.

"Eight channel Distributorless Ignition (DIS)outputs capable of directly driving “Smart” ignition coils or Holley DIS coils. Will drive 2 wire coils with the addition of PN 554-112 high current coil driver module"
If it was me I would do CNP loose the distributor and added modules. I have the dominator ecu's for my boat, not sure all of there fetures of the hp.

Last edited by 14 apache; 06-07-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Registered

If it was me I would do CNP loose the distributor and added modules. I have the dominator ecu's for my boat, not sure all of there fetures of the hp.
you have the "cop" working?
Old 06-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

CNP has a spark plug wire. Not yet hopefully in a few months. I went with the LS coils.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered

CNP has a spark plug wire. Not yet hopefully in a few months. I went with the LS coils.
good luck,I saw a holley sponored car that had a fast system in it for "cop".friend had a holley rep at the dyno trying to get it to work.things that make you go hummmm
Old 06-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
good luck,I saw a holley sponored car that had a fast system in it for "cop".friend had a holley rep at the dyno trying to get it to work.things that make you go hummmm
I had 3 fast ecu's I would never buy another one. RF noise they don't like should not sell them without a hall effect pick up.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Registered

I had 3 fast ecu's I would never buy another one. RF noise they don't like should not sell them without a hall effect pick up.
well the copo camaro w/ a 427 ls and fast set up ran 8.882@ 150's this past weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.