Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
mpi running rich at idle >

mpi running rich at idle

Notices

mpi running rich at idle

Old 06-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to call this dealer see if they will check the computer and size on injectors first. Where can I send my Ecm to get the stock toon put back in it if need be?
Old 06-12-2015, 09:53 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

and keeps washing the cylinders down with fuel. You have the wrong ECM calibration for your app currently. AND THATS why I have learned up here to ask always is your app OEM STOCK. If not you have describe in detail what exactly you have.

Last edited by BUP; 06-12-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,357 Posts

contact Ben ( tunertech ) on this board, see if he can help
Old 06-12-2015, 11:04 AM
BUP
Banned

so what is your engine set up currently today ? I am lost here you are on second jasper engine or a completely new drop in engine that is a complete engine package with everything new or reman ?

who gave you a 5 year warranty - I would like to see the paper work on that one especially if this a SC engine. No way on that one. Merc is giving out 3 years on some black production engines and even on some remans.

do you have a super charged engine currently ?

what fuel system set up do you have TBI or MPI

Last edited by BUP; 06-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:14 AM
Registered

Complete stock motor long block had to put in new oil pump and all my pan and covers fuel rail plentam all that stuff! I bought it with a jasper motor never started it pull the motor straight out of the boat and gave it away! It was 6 months old had water in oil! So new motor is stock motor and the owner before me had a super charged motor that blowed up I guess then he put in jasper and sold it I bought it cheap knowing I needed a new motor. So ive put everything new but I got a apt with a dealer 3 hrs away to see whats in the ecm cause I really think theres a tune in it that I dont need telling it to produce more fuel only sensors that I haven changed is IAC that will be changed tuesday Map sensor or throttle position sensor. Hope that might give you a idea what im using basically stock dependable set up is what im looking for I wish I could send just the ecm off to someone I could trust to check it and flash it back to stock or whatever I need it to be. And the mercruiser motor came from US MARINE great engines good wwarranty and mercruiser motor and oem parts
Old 06-13-2015, 01:15 AM
Registered

And I dont have no super charger and mpi is the set up
Old 06-13-2015, 02:20 AM
BUP
Banned

Ok please read this thread from the link below and click on the links in the thread. I hope you do not have this engine that is in the link. I have seen their engines in person from customers that bought them online. No offense but I will leave it at that and let you form your own opinion because mine wont be good. Just saying. They have so many complaints over the years that they changed their name at least 5 times and have many lawsuits.

With that said, miracles do happen and from the powers of the Lord above hopefully you got US Engines best engine they ever built humanly possible. You better go to church this Sunday and pray. All joking aside I hope it lasts for you and is very reliable but I had to show you what you might be up against.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-opinions.html

Last edited by BUP; 06-13-2015 at 10:37 AM.