Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
quickfuel carbs >

quickfuel carbs

Notices

quickfuel carbs

Old 06-13-2015, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok so my ? is since quick fuel was bought out by holley what are you really getting..??
Old 06-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
ok so my ? is since quick fuel was bought out by holley what are you really getting..??
I remember hearing that. Mike Tkach and I were at the Race expo and asked the guys about that at the quick fuel booth. They said that was untrue, and holley does not own them. Who knows whats true with that. I know they def don't use the same main bodies in their carbs.

The new ultra gen 3 dominators are supposed to be pretty awesome. Available from 950-1475 CFM. Completely redesigned fuel bowls, with more capacity, drain plug, skirted boosters, TPS mounting, idle air bypass, all new main body, all aluminum/billet construction, Check out some of their features. They look pretty bad azz.

http://documents.holley.com/flyer_ge...atorcover2.pdf
Old 06-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

When it comes to basic garage mechanic maintenance the Holley has it all over the Q-Jet. To change jets one wrench and a screwdriver, no metering rods and no linkage to fiddle with and clips to loose. The float is adjusted externally in a dynamic state. And did I mention you re-use the float bowl gasket when jet changing.
Most say the responsiveness and mid are better on Holley also, I will leave that topic for the experts to iron out.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
When it comes to basic garage mechanic maintenance the Holley has it all over the Q-Jet. To change jets one wrench and a screwdriver, no metering rods and no linkage to fiddle with and clips to loose. The float is adjusted externally in a dynamic state. And did I mention you re-use the float bowl gasket when jet changing.
Most say the responsiveness and mid are better on Holley also, I will leave that topic for the experts to iron out.
Generally speaking, I think our needs (power levels), have outgrown the quadrajet. BUT, they certainly had their place, and performed very well. Everything from a hot 455 Buick that went to the strip every weekend, to the station wagon mom drove to the store.

The average boater who today is building 600/700+HP custom engines, the quadrajets just aren't gonna cut it from a fuel delivery standpoint. Would i run one in a chevelle with a 500HP big block setup that I drove to car shows and what not, for sure.

Back when I had a 78 Trans Am with a built up Pontiac, the car ran better all the way around with the quadrajet than it did with the 3310 holley I had. Better idle, better response, better economy, and a tick faster at the track. This was just a weekend summer car I'd drive and go to cruise nights and what not. I vaguely remember changing metering rods, rod hanger, etc...Couldnt tell ya whats what on them anymore. Its been a long time. Maybe SB could. I just remember different letter hangers maybe?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

After 750 cfm requirements it's a Q-Jet delete. No option.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:13 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Holley bought Barry Grant carburetors a while back.

QF was guys that where at Holley for a good amt of time.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:25 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Unless something currently took place as for Holley buying them out - I always understood it that they left Holley and started QF.

this link says some info as well.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...l-carbs-3.html
Old 06-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,239 Posts

I came from a backround where I tuned everything with a laptop .. never touched a carb. Thought they were ancient tech. More I learned the more I think they`re ok. EFI is the way to go but my own pockets just aren`t that deep.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

I bought two new QFT 850 "marine" carbs 2 seasons ago. Halfway through the first summer it was obvious the linkage and springs weren't designed for marine use - at least not ocean use. They rusted very quickly. Not happy they were sold as marine and don't use stainless steel parts.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Registered

I have holley "marine" carbs. Nothing stainless steel on them either .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.