quickfuel carbs >

quickfuel carbs

Notices

quickfuel carbs

Old 06-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
comes with 74 pri, 84 sec, no rear power valve, they do have 4 window power valve in pri and changable restricters for the power valve circut. right now we are to lean @ wot and to rich @ idle, working on idle air bleeds as well as idle feed on idle side, power valve resticters and jetting for WOT, cruise is good, and we are using a wide band in #5 header tube and now works like a champ...
Have you had to to play with the high speed air bleeds?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
Interesting Idea that I will play with once I get mine back in the water. I bought a Pro Systems 950 and wished I had bought a QF. I'm working off of spark plug color since I don't have an O2 option. I've been tuning for 2 seasons. It would barely run when I got it. I've heard good things about the new Holleys from guys who took them out of the box and checked them on the dyne and the numbers where spot on, just haven't heard as much about QF.
I am believer that trying tune without a 02 is like pissing in the wind..
Old 06-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C1000
Have you had to to play with the high speed air bleeds?
I have not yet, as they will effect the cruise AFR as well, so trying to dial it in the power valve channel and secondary jets, but I have air bleeds ready if need to...waiting on the idle jets now from summit...will clear PM
Old 06-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am believer that trying tune without a 02 is like pissing in the wind..
Agree, but those of us running Lightnings apparently have no option for this, as has been documented on a couple of threads. Would love to have one on my boat, but too tapped out to spring for a set of Stainless Marine manifolds, along with the transom surgery that will be required to relocate the openings to make them work. Wish there was an easier way.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
Agree, but those of us running Lightnings apparently have no option for this, as has been documented on a couple of threads. Would love to have one on my boat, but too tapped out to spring for a set of Stainless Marine manifolds, along with the transom surgery that will be required to relocate the openings to make them work. Wish there was an easier way.
There are lightning headers on this boat, we had a bung welded in the #5 primary tube about 10" or so from the flange and its been working great, havent killed a sensor since putting it in this location.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 4,297 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I had lightnings with a bung .. ran 02`s full time
Old 06-17-2015, 07:01 AM
Registered

we have the silent choice ones and the water dumps so close killed 02's quick, changed to the tube and been great..
Old 06-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EZ what CID is your rngine and cam specs, reason is I'm trying to help out a buddy with a procharger running very rich. anyinfo you can send oour way would be greatly appreciated. Don't ask who did his carb!! if we can get it to run right then I will tell you.. It is NOT a QF carb,. they seem like real good folks.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

we have the silent choice ones and the water dumps so close killed 02's quick, changed to the tube and been great..
EZ, I'm too lazy this morning to go looking for your thread on the O2's and the Lightnings. Can you elaborate on the tubes? Feel free to PM me if you want to take it offline and avoid further derailing the OP's post. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by C1000
EZ what CID is your rngine and cam specs, reason is I'm trying to help out a buddy with a procharger running very rich. anyinfo you can send oour way would be greatly appreciated. Don't ask who did his carb!! if we can get it to run right then I will tell you.. It is NOT a QF carb,. they seem like real good folks.
My buddy had some 1200HP procharged engines. Prosystems carbs built for his engines. They would blow black smoke trying to get on plane, foul plugs, and were a real mess around the docks. After some tuning, they got better. Also Found out standard single needle and seat carbs weren't enough for that power level. . Then he switched to C&S aerosols with dual needle and seat bowls, it was like a different engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.