quickfuel carbs >

quickfuel carbs

Notices

quickfuel carbs

Old 06-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Default quickfuel carbs

lately their has been a lot of talk about carbs,be it a out of the box or a carb from a custom carb shop.i have been suggesting quickfuel carbs for a few reasons,1 they are a quality part for a reasonable price.2 i have bought and installed quite a few of them with great results.just for the record i do not own quickfuel,i don,t work for quickfuel,i am not paid to promote their product.my reason for recommending quickfuel carbs is not from a emotional or personal standpoint,but it is because i feel that you can not get a better carb for the money,in fact i feel one could pay a lot more for a lot less.i would like to hear about the issues you have had with your carbs weather it be quickfuel,or any other brand,yes even the custom built from a carb shop carb.their are a lot of different brands out there to choose from so let,s hear about yours.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:34 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Here's how I look at things.

BAck in the day, 1000's of people thought Quadrajet's where junk. Doing a poll (since I've worked on vehicles my whole life) I noticed most of those people understood Holley's better.

Also, 1000's of people thought Holley's where junk. Doing the same life long poll, I noticrd most of those people understood Quadrajet's better.

As of 20yrs ago to the present, 1000's of people think EFI is junk. Doing the same lifelong poll, I noticed most of those people understood carburetors and distributors better.

As of 10yrs ago or so, 1000's think all carburetors are junk. Same lifelong poll, I noticed these people didn't understand carburetors at all.

In fact, I'm probably near 50+ customers who are scared ****less of a carburetor, yet they are unbelievable at specing and tuning their own EFI system.

So....when someone comes in or calls and asks what carb or EFI system to get, I simply tell them the best system is the one you or the person doing the tuning and repairing is most comfortable and knowledgeable with.

Quite easy actually. It just makes perfect sense.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Here's how I look at things.

BAck in the day, 1000's of people thought Quadrajet's where junk. Doing a poll (since I've worked on vehicles my whole life) I noticed most of those people understood Holley's better.

Also, 1000's of people thought Holley's where junk. Doing the same life long poll, I noticrd most of those people understood Quadrajet's better.

As of 20yrs ago to the present, 1000's of people think EFI is junk. Doing the same lifelong poll, I noticed most of those people understood carburetors and distributors better.

As of 10yrs ago or so, 1000's think all carburetors are junk. Same lifelong poll, I noticed these people didn't understand carburetors at all.

In fact, I'm probably near 50+ customers who are scared ****less of a carburetor, yet they are unbelievable at specing and tuning their own EFI system.

So....when someone comes in or calls and asks what carb or EFI system to get, I simply tell them the best system is the one you or the person doing the tuning and repairing is most comfortable and knowledgeable with.

Quite easy actually. It just makes perfect sense.
yes,but a lot of people will recommend one over the other for a varity of reasons.not all are as open to options as you are.i would never tell someone that a carb is no good and they need efi,nor would i tell a person that efi is no good and they need a carb.it is a personal choice,kind of like if you like a ford vs a chevy,they both will get you to your destonation.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Did I miss read ? or is this a carb thread
Old 06-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never understood using an 'out of the box carb'. It seems silly that one would bolt on that crucial piece and just ride off into the sunset.

Are big engine carbs just that much less sensitive than motorcycle carbs? That's the background I'm drawing from.

Edit: read this thread before the carb'd 540's thread. It reinforced my point.

Last edited by Cole2534; 06-13-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Did I miss read ? or is this a carb thread
we all know it will get derailed but the efi thing sb posted is relevent.before the end of the day only god knows whear it will end up.lol.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm pretty stoked with my QF carb. Still working out a few details but otherwise I went from hating carbs to appreciating it's simplicity for the casual boating that I do.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Ya, Im just messin with SB, is quick fuel the manufacturer or style of carb, I could goog it but that wouldn't help someone else who had the same question, I run EFI, I'll watch this and learn.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole2534
I've never understood using an 'out of the box carb'. It seems silly that one would bolt on that crucial piece and just ride off into the sunset.

Are big engine carbs just that much less sensitive than motorcycle carbs? That's the background I'm drawing from.

Edit: read this thread before the carb'd 540's thread. It reinforced my point.
Some carbs can certainly work better "out of the box" than others. I myself, would never bolt anyones carb "out of the box", and go run it without checking overall tune. Doesnt matter if its quickfuel, holley, or a "custom built for the application by a carb shop" carb. There are ENTIRELY too many variables when it comes to a carb being setup for a custom engine. Altitude, temperature, cam, heads, cubic inch, etc etc.

I dont think Mike Tkach is suggesting anyone go buy an off the shelf carb, and go run it without checking the tune of the carb. I believe what he is saying, is he feels the quick fuel carbs offer very nice hardware, and in his experience, have ran very good out of the box. Meaning, the carb needed minor adjustments to be right. The only way to determine that, is well, by checking the tune, whether on a dyno, in the boat with 02 sensors, etc.

The things I personally look for in a carb, are

A, its airflow capability

B, its overall features and quality of hardware

C its tuneability

D its cost

Holley's new line of Ultra Gen 3 carbs are pretty sweet, so are quick fuels for a high performance carb. There are also lots of good carb guys who can take a basic carb, and modify it, and make it work well. There are also lots of bad carb guys, who can take a basic carb, and modify it, and make it work like chit.

Holley manufactures carbs. Plain and simple. They have been doing it since the 1800's!!! Manufactered over 250 MILLION carburetors since then, from oem cars, to airplanes, to boats, high performance engines, you name it. But, like any manufactured product, there will always be someone that can improve on it, or at least think they can do it better.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Ya, Im just messin with SB, is quick fuel the manufacturer or style of carb, I could goog it but that wouldn't help someone else who had the same question, I run EFI, I'll watch this and learn.
Here's a couple pics of quick fuels carbs, and their typical metering block.
Attached Thumbnails quickfuel carbs-th.jpg   quickfuel carbs-fx-471111501.jpg   quickfuel carbs-62dc3881-dd62-c79e.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.