Fresh Water Flush Kit - operation >

Fresh Water Flush Kit - operation

Notices

Fresh Water Flush Kit - operation

Old 06-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fresh Water Flush Kit - operation

I have the factory installed fresh water flush kit that you connect a garden hose to. I connect the garden hose, turn on completely, water is flowing freely out of my lower unit (both sides and front pick up on bullet). My question is, do you have to do anything to drive unit (ie, tape up the front pick up)? I think I once read, no. I don't go above idle of course.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On most factory installed units all you have to do is hook up the hose and a spring loaded valve opens the flow once water is turned on. The water coming out of the drive should stop or slow down a bunch once the motor is started. The water should then be flowing out the exhaust after 30 seconds or so. Jeff Wurl
Old 06-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

No valve on mine - flows out of drive until I fire it up and then it starts pulling into engine. I have sea strainers
Old 06-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jwurl
On most factory installed units all you have to do is hook up the hose and a spring loaded valve opens the flow once water is turned on. The water coming out of the drive should stop or slow down a bunch once the motor is started. The water should then be flowing out the exhaust after 30 seconds or so. Jeff Wurl
Thank you! Seems to be working well when in a pinch. Still prefer the ramp when able. Boat is 100% freshwater use....