Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Water pressure; Looking for the real answer! >

Water pressure; Looking for the real answer!

Notices

Water pressure; Looking for the real answer!

Old 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water pressure; Looking for the real answer!

I ran a seperate threw transom, and the over flow sprays on my outdrive. works great as an out drive cooler. Then I bought a billet out drive cap, and now the over flow feeds the cap.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Registered

Kanookster,

You seem pretty up to snuff with this as you have been involved with this post from the beginning. Here's a scenario for you....I don't want the boat to look "butchered up" by cutting holes in it for this and that. You have always recommended a thru-hull dump versus in the exhaust or combined with bilge. What would you do to have the cleanest install and have the fewest headaches and still making sure that everything works right AND looks good? Perhaps another thru-hull fitting right beside the bilge fitting? Or maybe dumb into the exhaust.....those might be my best options.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:24 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

In my stingray I had a bung fitting welded in my silent choice diverter. (you see it in one of the pics I sent you), In my Sunsation, I have a nice S.S. thru transom dump I purchased from Eddie Marine. You could "Y" into your bilge dump, but be sure the dump is a minimum of 3/4", and that you put a check valve in the hose that goes to the bilge pump. My Sunsation has two 1/2" bilge pumps, So I oppted to have the valve dump thru it's own 3/4" dump.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Registered

When I put IMCO's on mine the water pressure went thru the roof. After searching OSO, talking with mechanics,waisting my time, it dawned on me that I have dry stacks that have a small hole on the bottom side of the pipe to drain water from the pipe.

The solution - - - Make hole bigger. A drill and a little effort on the stainless and the water pressure was back in line. The question is would this fix or a similar one work on a wet exhaust.