Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Trim tabs indicator cable lengths.. >

Trim tabs indicator cable lengths..

Notices

Trim tabs indicator cable lengths..

Old 06-29-2015, 08:07 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim tabs indicator cable lengths..

I have a 36 Outlaw and the starboard cable is frozen. And while I am there I am going to do the port side as well. So if anyone knows how long and what to buy, that would be awesome !!! I have been told to look on the cables for the length. Meaning I have to pull them before ordering...I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks !!!

Smitty
Old 06-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all else fails, pull out both cables and order. 12" can make difference
Old 06-29-2015, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

I plan on pulling them out of course, but I only want to do it once if possible...
Old 06-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There should be a number on them somewhere. You may have to look along several feet of cable to find the number.

The length will be the last number, and its in inches if its an older cable. Mine was 288, so I needed a 24' cable.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smithy, not sure I am following you, but is your plan to use the existing cables to pull the new cables into place? If yes, what if you removed the existing inter cable and measured to get the exact length you need to order the new cables. You could then attach the new cable assembly to the existing outer part of the old cable to pull the new cable into place.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Registered

If you haven't already completed this project, pull your gauge panel and with a flashlight you should be able to see the numbers on the old cables near the ends that connect to the indicators. they might be a little dusty but not faded off since that part doesn't get exposed to sun or water. I posted a thread here asking the same question for my 33OL and later updated with my findings after I pulled them. Maybe adding 3 feet to my lengths would work? I personally replaced all 8 with the new blue Mach-Zero cables. Thanks to Mike at Gaffrig Performance.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanfuego
If you haven't already completed this project, pull your gauge panel and with a flashlight you should be able to see the numbers on the old cables near the ends that connect to the indicators. they might be a little dusty but not faded off since that part doesn't get exposed to sun or water. I posted a thread here asking the same question for my 33OL and later updated with my findings after I pulled them. Maybe adding 3 feet to my lengths would work? I personally replaced all 8 with the new blue Mach-Zero cables. Thanks to Mike at Gaffrig Performance.
Actually, they should be the same length. 33 and 36 are the same dimensions from the fairing back.