Trim Tabs Flat Or angled ??? >

Trim Tabs Flat Or angled ???

Notices

Trim Tabs Flat Or angled ???

Old 07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tabs Flat Or angled ???

I am getting ready to Install the 22" After Plane Trim Tabs from CP on my Carrera 270 Cyclone. My question is should I mount them to match the hull or should I mount then flat. Space is going to be a challenge with the swim step and the outboard steering it will be tight either way. If I go flat all of the holes will be above the floor in the engine bay and I can through bolt them as intended. If I go with the hull some will be below the floor and to not cut the floor up I'm thinking of just using Lag screws in the two locations that are below the floor. Any help or Ideas??
Old 07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I believe the consensus currently is to mount them flat if you have the room. This way they are actuating precisely up and down instead of angled out and in.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt it makes any difference. If there was a difference, how would it be measured?
Old 07-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he were to mount them on an angle how far above the bottom would you mount them?

Last edited by boating4me; 07-21-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: realized the answer was already in the post
Old 07-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

What do you want to accomplish will answer the question. If Boat leveling (think cruiser) then mount them as a continuation of the bottom. To hold a fast boat under a little more control at high, high speed then more parallel to the water surface.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 670 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by boating4me
If he were to mount them on an angle how far above the bottom would you mount them?
1/2 to 3/4"