Spark Plug wire question >

Spark Plug wire question

Notices

Spark Plug wire question

Old 09-23-2015, 10:46 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

or rotate the boot a bit to center it with the clip inside. How many times have you seen that one ? I am not saying every wire / boot but it seems like most of the time there is at the very least one in the bunch as of late.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
For all 7.4 and 454 mag's non Merc racing engines it shows what you posted from 1981 thry 1997 T bolt IV & V the red wires 84-816608Q61 so I have no idea how the blue wires came up for your app as they should not have.. I do not even know your engine serial number and it still shows the red wires across the board.. I would wonder if you had a bad wire even being new. - pulling off and installing wires you have to handle the boot only do not pull or bend on the wire itself nor any sharp bends. .
Im always careful pulling the wires from the plug.

What I may do is just replace the one melted wire with the corresponding new blue wire and go from there.

I was just trying to see if there was an actual reason why the Blue wires are for certain years and if there was a physical difference. I don't care what color my wires are, I just want them to be correct
Old 09-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by AWOL
Im always careful pulling the wires from the plug.

What I may do is just replace the one melted wire with the corresponding new blue wire and go from there.

I was just trying to see if there was an actual reason why the Blue wires are for certain years and if there was a physical difference. I don't care what color my wires are, I just want them to be correct
You must be new to power boating.