Need Cros-reference help for a hard to find part >

Need Cros-reference help for a hard to find part

Notices

Need Cros-reference help for a hard to find part

Old 09-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Cros-reference help for a hard to find part

Ok -- I need a fuel pump for an OMC, today my hydraulic lift came loose and smashed into my pump and broke the connector. Thankyou, chinese cotter pin, or the whack job who installed it (me)

Original OMC 987701 which is superseded by 3850818 (Volvo Part #) -- also hard to find.

Sierra has this part: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnyta8y5vv...27.01.png?dl=0 -- This should be what I need as I have a 92' Mark V 502, however the part #'s I know about (listed above) are not cross referenced.

Anybody able to tell me if this is what I need??? I guess what I am asking, can anyone tell me if 3850818 and 3850810 are compatible?

I do know the pump on the boat has an impossible to find male-male fitting that took forever to find. I understand it's just a pump and I will patch something together if I need to, but I'd like it to drop in.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 09-27-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Registered

Apparently that will work -- it is cross-referenced on another site.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/elect...FQooaQodrGIA1g

Hell, Amazon even had it prime...http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Interna.../dp/B000N9HZS8

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 09-28-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fwiw,,the electrical connector will clip back on..they are removable unless you broke the pins as well...when you get the sierra pump you will have to reuse your brass fittings,just replace the orings on them..make sure you get the rite pressure pump..i had a customer that thought he would save money and ordered the pump off amazon and he got a high pressure pump for his carberated engine..he filled the engine with fuel and hydrolocked the engine,busted the starter and filled the crankcase..
Old 09-28-2015, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
fwiw,,the electrical connector will clip back on..they are removable unless you broke the pins as well...when you get the sierra pump you will have to reuse your brass fittings,just replace the orings on them..make sure you get the rite pressure pump..i had a customer that thought he would save money and ordered the pump off amazon and he got a high pressure pump for his carberated engine..he filled the engine with fuel and hydrolocked the engine,busted the starter and filled the crankcase..
yeah the pin sheared off and cracked the clip in 1/2 - I was hoping I could just buy that....thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I check it out!!!
Old 09-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Registered

Better yet, the marina had an extra electrical clip just laying around and gave it to me, I fixed it in 20 seconds on my lunch break, problem solved.

How annoying that you can't buy the clip separate from the pump...

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 09-28-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:10 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

You will need to post the OMC model number of the engine for help getting the correct fuel pump
Old 09-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Registered

Problem solved...if I look up the part, it shows what model it's available on usually. But I'm not a part guy either.