Spring oilers

Notices

Spring oilers

Old 09-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring oilers

Spring Oilers ... what are you guys that have them, using? And have you noticed any oil pressure drop, that is if you added them to an existing setup. Also have you noticed any benefit? I was thinking of adding them to my motors this winter. I was thinking about the flat plate ones that go under valve covers. I was going to tap a line off of my return line from my oil cooler, have that T off to the two plates. I was thinking of tapping the back side of the AN fitting Tee to fit carb jets, and start off with a .020 hole to start off.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Icdeppl dan has the eickert ones. I think he did lose a little oil psi, but his springs are cool! I prob gonna do that setup this winter too
Old 09-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Great Joe... any Idea what way your going? I think I will wait and make sure I get ahold of you before I pull the trigger on this one. Last upgrade I pulled to soon (MSD boxes)..LOL ... But I do love what they did for me
Old 09-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I ran the eickert ones also oil pressure was still good with a stock melling 77hv. With no restrictor.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have had the Eickert spring oiler system for about 8-10 yrs. However, it is hard to measure/prove exactly the benefit of spring oilers. All you know is that it can't hurt and that maybe your valve springs will remain cooler and last longer. I can say that our annual lash adjustments on our solid rollers never needed more than .000 to .001-.002 adjustment on a just a few lifters. We also checked the valve seating pressure annually and the seating pressure was always consistent. We also changed valve springs ever 30-40 hours. Does any of this prove that spring oilers are worth anything for valve train longevity in a marine application?......no but they can't hurt.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
We have had the Eickert spring oiler system for about 8-10 yrs. However, it is hard to measure/prove exactly the benefit of spring oilers. All you know is that it can't hurt and that maybe your valve springs will remain cooler and last longer. I can say that our annual lash adjustments on our solid rollers never needed more than .000 to .001-.002 adjustment on a just a few lifters. We also checked the valve seating pressure annually and the seating pressure was always consistent. We also changed valve springs ever 30-40 hours. Does any of this prove that spring oilers are worth anything for valve train longevity in a marine application?......no but they can't hurt.
My good friend told me his circle track engines the left head would have spring failure and the right one would not. Due to the oil in the valve cover. Unless your running high rpm don't bother or .700+ lift.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ok that begs the question.... What is considered high RPM & you also have to factor in how long at what RPM? I know alot of guys that think running their motors up to 5500 for 10 minutes is long. Now go out on a big body water you could run for hours. I am also wondering if it will lower or raise oil temps?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well a cooler valve spring will last longer. My boat had .750 lift and run it at 6000+ . As far as oil temps go more flow the cooler will work better so that is a toss up. What kind of rpm you talking on your boat? And how big is the cam?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

HOLY $HIT 750 lift now I feel tiny at 650..... I will run 6300 till my oil temps get north of 260* then come down to 5500. I am also HYD roller whereas you must be solid. My spring pressure is 160 450ish you must be 200ish 750ish???????

Last edited by Bawana; 09-29-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I was just thinking about how motors are just like women..... If you don't spend enough money & time on them they. They end up being a pain in the ass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.