Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Engine rebuilders in the Chesapeake region. >

Engine rebuilders in the Chesapeake region.

Notices

Engine rebuilders in the Chesapeake region.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
What does your rebuilder say?
Well, He has been a engine builder for over 40 years but most of his experience is in race cars. So no real answer on the headers other than. "It's only money". But he has done marine engines over the years. I was advised by someone to replace them and have my old ones pressure tested and sell them.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by fordf350
Well, He has been a engine builder for over 40 years but most of his experience is in race cars. So no real answer on the headers other than. "It's only money". But he has done marine engines over the years. I was advised by someone to replace them and have my old ones pressure tested and sell them.
Yep. I bought a set of tested headers and two hours later they filled up my #5 cylinder. I'd put new headers on a new motor even if corrosion isn't an issue as vibration takes a toll on the welds.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fordf350
I cringed when I read your statement about "race cars". Not saying a builder can't do both marine and race but be sure to do your research on builder thoroughly. Plenty of posts on here where race car builder engines simply did not meet expectations and only meant lost money and time for the boat owner. Care to post who you chose? Maybe we can give feedback that would be helpful for you. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Jerry at East Coast Offshore Performance. he's on OCMD. Don't delay, he books up fast.
https://www.facebook.com/East-Coast-...7962824107585/