Livorsi Control Problem >

Livorsi Control Problem

Notices

Livorsi Control Problem

Old 10-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Livorsi Control Problem

Anyone replaced the built in trim switch on a Livorsi side mount control? When trying to raise the outdrive, the up side will intermittently just click a few times and finally start working. Down still works fine. Haven't tried to take it apart yet, just wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar problem. Does it have a relay installed? So far, I haven't found any info on this shifter.

If so, do you have to order from Livorsi, who has discontinued production of this shifter, or have you found it elsewhere on the web?
Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are you sure its the trim switch on the shifter and not the solenoid on the trim pump?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HyFive578
are you sure its the trim switch on the shifter and not the solenoid on the trim pump?
No, not sure at all. I assumed (and everyone knows what happens when you assume) that it was not the solenoid since the switch, when pushed in the up position, clicks each time you do it. Usually about the 3rd or 4th push/click it starts working again. I guess it could be the solenoid, I just don't know. Maybe a poor connection at the pump? Have had the connection come completely off before and trim did not work at all. Plugged it back in and worked fine. Will check that also.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Pretty easy to check. Check to see if you've got 12 volts on the up(should be blue) wire when the switch is pushed.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:31 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by shunter2005
Anyone replaced the built in trim switch on a Livorsi side mount control? When trying to raise the outdrive, the up side will intermittently just click a few times and finally start working. Down still works fine. Haven't tried to take it apart yet, just wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar problem. Does it have a relay installed? So far, I haven't found any info on this shifter.

If so, do you have to order from Livorsi, who has discontinued production of this shifter, or have you found it elsewhere on the web?
Yeh, I ran into a problem years ago. O rdered a switch. The one they sent was wrong. Luckily, it was the wire coming from the switch that was pinched as it ran thru the back of the mount.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Yeh, I ran into a problem years ago. O rdered a switch. The one they sent was wrong. Luckily, it was the wire coming from the switch that was pinched as it ran thru the back of the mount.
Sent Livorsi an email with a picture last night to see if they had any leftover switches available. Looking on their site, it seems there may be at least two different types of switches that they have used for this control. Hope to hear back from them Monday or Tuesday.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Pretty easy to check. Check to see if you've got 12 volts on the up(should be blue) wire when the switch is pushed.
Thanks, I will check that this week.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Since the weather in Texas stunk today, decided to drive up to boat and check out my faltering switch and install the new one, if necessary. When I took the control apart, I found the exact same problem as above. Green wire had chafe in insulation and bare wire right where the wires drop down from the control into the mount. A bit of electrical tape, reassemble and the up side trim is working perfect again.

If you happen to need a Livorsi trim switch, I have a new one sitting around .