500EFI Intake modification/adaptation to Pro Flo EFI >

500EFI Intake modification/adaptation to Pro Flo EFI

Notices

500EFI Intake modification/adaptation to Pro Flo EFI

Old 11-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

We fully ported the bottom half opening it up as much as possible, cut the TB mount off the front and made a 3 inch thick one ported the top and radiused the front also opening up the TB as much as possible, all the way to mounting studs. 565cu in. 9.3 comp. Solid roller. 703 ft lbs at 4600. 671 hp at 5800. I still have this intake if you would like to try it.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:12 PM
GNJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KWright
We fully ported the bottom half opening it up as much as possible, cut the TB mount off the front and made a 3 inch thick one ported the top and radiused the front also opening up the TB as much as possible, all the way to mounting studs. 565cu in. 9.3 comp. Solid roller. 703 ft lbs at 4600. 671 hp at 5800. I still have this intake if you would like to try it.
I would like to call you tomorrow and discuss. What is your Number or PM me. Thank you.- Gary
Old 11-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I built a sheet metal upper for a 500 efi manifold and used 4 2 bbl throttle bodies (scratch built) on a 598. It made 730 hp @ 5600 rpm and best I can remember about 750 ft. lbs of torque. It really layed down after 5600. I ran that for a couple of years, then switched to a Dart tunnel ram with the same throttle bodies. HP jumped to 800 @ 6000 rpm, but lost about 40 ft. lbs. of torque.

Bob Lloyd
Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the link to the engine build thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ine-build.html
Old 11-11-2015, 07:48 AM
GNJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bobl
Here's the link to the engine build thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ine-build.html
Nice build Bob -
Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Yes, we did plenty in the past with both a Mefi 1 and 2. Although, it's certainly not the best choice of ECM. But, if you have it already, I understand that you would like to use it. So yes, it will work.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie. Was looking for a low(ish) budget way to get more air into my cylinders.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:40 PM
GNJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
That's the one. Hogan built the intake. Very nice piece that made some great power. Cool setup.
Thanks for the link BG. For the life of me, I couldn't remember where I saw it.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie - I looked at Hogans website and a BBC manifold is over $6K with fuel rails for 2 motors. Nice looking though, down here in FL my motors get subjected to salt water. As much as one can do with salt away flushing, the aluminum portion in the water passage would get ate up. One more reason why the 500EFI intake looks appealing.

Last edited by GNJ; 11-11-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GNJ
Thanks Eddie - I looked at Hogans website and a BBC manifold is over $6K with fuel rails for 2 motors. Nice looking though, down here in FL my motors get subjected to salt water. As much as one can do with salt away flushing, the aluminum portion in the water passage would get ate up. One more reason why the 500EFI intake looks appealing.
Ouch. I completely understand your reasoning to want to use the stock 500 intakes.
Eddie
Old 11-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have been reading this thread , I have a 540/500efi also that has a " intake manifold " issue also . I have contacted a engine guy in the business that said he has a program that removes the restriction in these , and the throttle body's . I have a dyno sheet that I believe is not accurate that's why I am working on the flow numbers on these . I also looked at changing to hogans intakes but have been advised against it ( from two major boat engine guys ) due to a potential " noise " in the sheet metal that the intakes are made of affecting the timing ?

Last edited by kennyd; 11-15-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:32 PM
GNJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by kennyd
So I have been reading this thread , I have a 540/500efi also that has a " intake manifold " issue also . I have contacted a engine guy in the business that said he has a program that removes the restriction in these , and the throttle body's . I have a dyno sheet that I believe is not accurate that's why I am working on the flow numbers on these . I also looked at changing to hogans intakes but have been advised against it ( from two major boat engine guys ) due to a potential " noise " in the sheet metal that the intakes are made of affecting the timing ?
Can you tell us more about this "program" - what is it? Where did the dyno sheet come from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.