intake suggestions for 365 mag build into 420/450hp

Old 11-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be back:
Old 11-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is getting a little ridiculous. Why don't they mods just delete the all of tech sections? Every thread turns into a pissing match between the same group of guys until the thread is worthless anyway. OSO sure has went down hill.

Last edited by Griff; 11-29-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I posted this a while back but got no response from OSO on this: Adding new forum feature
What would it take to get OSO to add a "dislike" or a "Booooo" feature. They have the "like" that people can hit if they like or agree on a post. Reason being, lately I have noticed ALOT of people, mostly non members posting bad advice, or just total BS. Are they just trying to get a high post count ? As most on here sadly think, that guys with high post counts... means they know what they are talking about; Whereas, in reality its NOT the case. There are guys on here that do know what they are talking about, they are really trying to help. Others, just like to act like they do, and seem to comment on everything; they maybe think they are helping and don't really know better... Its a shame, people come on here to get advice on things, with the hopes that they are getting correct information. If someone does correct the person giving the bad advise... there begins a 20 page fight. If OSO added the feature people could just like or dislike someones comment or advise without the 20 page fight. Then people can see that & determine if they want to really trust whats being said. I just hope that no member, or non member has taken bad advise off this site, and it got them in the A$$.

I think it would stop most of this stuff. Alot of good knowledge is posted on this site and alot of BS that helps nobody. I think we have lost enough guys with knowledge, that stopped posting because they are sick of the BS.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy a good *****ing match, its entertaining at times. But there are some members on here that I sure don't want to see leave this site. It would be a shame to lose their knowledge. And others ya they can go over to Boat Freaks............. as the name applies
Old 11-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by wfo1
This is getting a little ridiculous. Why don't they mods just delete the all of tech sections? Every thread turns into a pissing match between the same group of guys until the thread is worthless anyway. OSO sure has went down hill.

Seems guys who never post / contribute complain the most about the guys that do.
Step up and contribute... the floor is yours, this place needs some fresh blood.
(unless the boats freaks crowd don`t like you then its useless posting any good info)
Old 11-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Seems guys who never post / contribute complain the most about the guys that do.
Step up and contribute... the floor is yours, this place needs some fresh blood.
(unless the boats freaks crowd don`t like you then its useless posting any good info)
Some people really dont have anything to contribute, they come here to learn. Unfortunately they keep getting teabagged by egomaniacs sword fighting before they can actually learn anything. I realize its the offseason. but there are a few that need to either phuck or fight, so they can get it out of their system so we all can get back to enjoying internet boating......
Old 11-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Some people really dont have anything to contribute, they come here to learn. Unfortunately they keep getting teabagged by egomaniacs sword fighting before they can actually learn anything. I realize its the offseason. but there are a few that need to either phuck or fight, so they can get it out of their system so we all can get back to enjoying internet boating......
Roger that, I'm no engine builder, or even offshore pro , I joined to learn , and learning just whom I might want to listen to , has become as difficult as anything!
The pro's no longer contribute and we have weekend warrior's running the show, at least thats how I see things.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by masi242
I'll be back:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]548147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails intake suggestions for 365 mag build into 420/450hp-jgqwdsouyqohusslp5wa.jpg  
Old 11-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
Roger that, I'm no engine builder, or even offshore pro , I joined to learn , and learning just whom I might want to listen to , has become as difficult as anything!
The pro's no longer contribute and we have weekend warrior's running the show, at least thats how I see things.
Here's how I see things. This site was built to what it is, (or was at one point), by "weekend warriors". I have some friends that I boat with, or talk to on a regular basis, who don't build engines for a living, but build their own stuff. And yet, some of these guys, have absolutely, some bad azz running hardware. From guys like Billy Boats and his 140 plus mph Fountain, Kvogt with his 100 plus mph old school arneson flatdeck that is a work of art in itself, the Parvey boys, and so many more I can't even begin list it. Some of these guys, have been there and done that several times over, and tested and debunked many theories, and yet, these guys, are constantly discredited by other guys, because they technically are not "professionals".

Being new at this, I wouldn't soley focus on who does what for a living, because those of us who have been around a bit, know that, just because one builds engines for a living, doesn't make his advice, gospel. There have been decades of failures, incorrect combos, lies, cheat, and many other things by certain "professionals'. Nor would I rely solely on the advice given here, as gospel. Some of this stuff, you have to learn from experience, and you may not get it right the first time. Just as many of these "weekend warriors", have had to learn the hard way.

Something to remember, everyone started somewhere, and history shows, some of those most successful offshore racing teams, dating back many many years ago, were average guys, who simply had a passion for this sport. It wasn't based on who had a Tax ID number for conducting business. I wouldnt be so quick to discredit those who do this stuff on the side. There's some pretty bad azz guys around...who only do this stuff on the weekends. Often times, the first boats to the card stop, were put together by these "weekend warriors".
Old 11-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

^^^^^^^^the tech section will soon be the guys who have been building their engine for the last 4 years,or the guy who,s buddy has a 24 foot boat with a 502 mpi engine with a labbed prop.the guys who have been doing this for years and know what works from trial&error are tired of all the smart azz guys telling them they are wrong,insulting them,and just plain making a joke out of the tech section.lets not forget the PROFESSIONALS that come to bash the guys they don,t like even if they are giving good solid advice.im afraid that oso will soon be like that other site,i don,t need to name it ,you know what i am talking about.i will say that the moderators here do a fair job at keeping things in check,BUT even they can,t fix stupid.this is my opinion so if you don,t like it,FLAME AWAY.i,m getting to the point of saying,screw it .just don,t need it anymore,and i,m not alone.maybe it,s time for me to sit back&watch these no experiance wize guys cost members thousands of dollars because they took advice from the new tech experts who are clueless but tell guys what they should do.

Last edited by mike tkach; 11-29-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.