Engine/Outdrive Swapout

Notices

Engine/Outdrive Swapout

Old 01-10-2016, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
All of the labor should have laid out prior to him working on the boats. Any additional charges should have needed your written approval.

You signed the service order and gave him a blank check. You have no recourse.
He is correct.. In California you would have the right to a estimate that would have required a revised estimate prior to the work being completed. It appears you agreed to a time and material agreement as a custom fabricator may have you sign .

It's awkward for some people but next time ask for a estimate prior to starting big ticket items that have possible new found items along the way. Hopefully your shop will check the boat as a courtesy and just have you participate in parts from here on.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Again I did ask for an estimate and never got one, just the comment that they can't give an estimate until they dig into it. The more I think about it, the more it doesn't make sense! Why can't a platinum certified merc mechanic that's been doing this for 20 years or more give a estimate? And like you said in Ca. I have the right to get a written estimate.

I guess the courts will decide...