502 mag high pressure line

Notices

502 mag high pressure line

Old 12-14-2015, 04:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Says he has cool fuel not VST

2 totally different set ups and systems .

VST junk system -

Gen II cool fuel not that bad to have.

VST was installed topside of engine and a long gone system- cool fuels install bottom side of engine and still around - FYI

Last edited by BUP; 12-14-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:18 PM
BUP
Banned

If you use those fittings from Summit as I think what you are going to do for the install is hose clamping a longer fuel line to them, if this is correct thinking on my part - then you are not coast guard approved nor is a good & safe position install using them as a high pressure side fuel feed line nor even a low pressure side install.

If I am correct about how that install would be adapted using hose clamps then actually it would be an install that people in the industry would shake their heads at including myself plus it can put liability issues into the mix against the installer.

Also it can personally open you up for liability issues as a non approved install for marine applications especially if you are any sort of a marine business or claim to be however including word of mouth. Just saying and for the better.

Last edited by BUP; 12-14-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What you think I'm trying to do would be wrong ,Bup. I specifically am trying not to use hose clamps .In the back of the fuel rail in front of the distributer is a female O-ring type fitting ,machined in .I was hoping someone knew of an adapter that would go into that hole that would enable me to go to a flare type fitting .Since the original hose was delaminating anyway, I cut the crimp off original fitting and removed hose. I was hoping that I could just have another hose crimped on ..The fitting has three or four minimal lines machined in that would not leave me comfy having a hose crimped/attached to .If there is no adapter made I'm now thinking I will buy a stainless male flare fitting and have welded to the end of existing original fitting. After looking at the adapter that had been referenced here, I don't think it is what I need. Hard for me to believe there isn't an adapter made for this situation ..I have searched and searched and am running out of options
Old 12-15-2015, 10:08 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,398 Posts

ATI (superchargers ) makes a block off for the return line hole...but that probably doesn't help.

Most people, if looking to add aftmkt lines would drill and tap the holes to take standard pipe thread .
Old 12-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Registered

I was trying not to pull fuel rail off engine, but I guess it might have to happen.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

its simple, be careful with the O-rings that mate the plenums together, if you tear one, get em at McMasterCar............... merc wants 13 bucks a piece for them
Old 12-15-2015, 10:52 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Did I look up that Merc fuel line correctly as It appears that it's NLA. Is that why you are going thru this ?
Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Please provide pics and part numbers - trying to get rid of the OEM VTS tank on a Mercruiser 502 EFI - not a real 'gear-head' and would like any recommendations - thanks!
Old 12-15-2015, 12:38 PM
BUP
Banned

I was just saying as it looked like the Summit ones are used in conjuction with rubber fuel line and hose clamps. Thought you mentioned that you might have to go that route with the Summit adapters.

I understand what you are trying to do - totally get it 100 % . I would try an hydraulic hose shop and see about adding length and crimps to the middle portion of the fuel line not the ends side.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Registered

No ,Line is still available. This is the cool fuel under the motor and it is having to be relocated because boat is set up with race mounts .I need longer hose to put pump in front of engine .Flame away ,but it is stock 502 mpi's with pumps that work fine ,so I'm just moving stock pump and will return the fuel to the tank instead of filter. That way ,I don't think I'll need water running through it? If stock pump isn't adequate then i'll worry about a different pump and regulator
Originally Posted by SB
Did I look up that Merc fuel line correctly as It appears that it's NLA. Is that why you are going thru this ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.