AeroTek Marine--- I know... I am sorry >

AeroTek Marine--- I know... I am sorry

Notices

AeroTek Marine--- I know... I am sorry

Old 03-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroTek Marine--- I know... I am sorry

I appoligize before this even starts... I am trying to find the history on a 95' 30'... I don't wanna pick at a scab... Just looking for help on this perticular boat. I bought it for an extremely good deal. It is a twin 454 bravo boat that is very very clean. The man I bought it from bought it new from a good friend of his Name Jim, who either worked for aerotek or was owed something by them. The boat came from Florida straight to PA where it was sold. Is there any info anybody may know about this boat. I know it's a needle in a hay stack.. But figured it wouldn't hurt to search. The guy I bought it from said he thinks "Jim" was in business with the owner.. And realized he was a scam artist.... Took his boat and left. Supposedly the boat was built under the close eye of "Jim". It shows no delamination or cracks at all. The boat is all white also... No graphics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:10 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Dont know anything about the boat but the business owner Jim Klem took his own life a year or so ago. His boats were hit and mis and hate say it but "under the owners watchful eye" mey not be a good thing. The Klem jems I hava had in my shop were either pretty nice or pretty crappy with no ryme or reason either way.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-02-2016, 04:55 AM
Registered

Thank you glassdave! I did find out the boat was not rigged in Florida, it was brought to Altoona Mi as a bare hull and rigged there in late 95'. Not sure who rigged it though... Still digging.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts

Can u post a pic of it. It's not the challenger aerotek is it? They did build a 30' but looked different than their 24 and 28.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Registered

I will post a pic later this evening. It is the aerotek out of Florida... The infamous aerotek with the thief owner.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 253 Likes on 109 Posts

Look in the magnum form and search Jim Klem. You will find out some details. Mark (h2o) is very knowledgeable about Klems adventures. Good luck