Rant on Dealer and much needed tranny help

Notices

Rant on Dealer and much needed tranny help

Old 03-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant on Dealer and much needed tranny help

Called a week ago to the nearest merc dealer 45 miles away and asked if they repaired merctrans 2 transmissions. Responded enthusiastically with a yes we do. Left work early, drove the tranny over there just to be met by a gentleman who informed me they could only order parts for them and not repair them. After several seconds giving him the are you f$@?/!$ kidding me stare I asked him if he would come look at what I had in the back of the truck. After viewing the busted end and bearing flopping around, he tells me that those parts are probably obsolete and that he doesn't have anyone that can fix them!!!!! Bout lost my sh!t......needless to say I need some guidance on what these parts are. End of transmission away from engine side with bearing and some kind of steel collar with bolts holding on. Bearing is good except it's flopping around, collar is broken and has liquid gasket to hold together. Any source on parts and rebuild advice is much appreciated
Old 03-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts

Do yourself a favor and call kcmarine and or do a google search. They are experts on the trannies and extremely helpful. Keep in mind they also sell a New very improved oil cooler that extends the life of those trans.

http://www.kcmarinetr.com/Default.aspx
Old 03-18-2016, 06:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Where are they out of
Old 03-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Registered

I put a link in other post
Old 03-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Found it, thanks
Old 03-18-2016, 06:28 PM
Registered

People ship trans to them all the time if it's something you can't order parts for and do it yourself. They are the probably the only reputable place I'd have service primarily cause their considered old school and newer age mechanics don't know much about them. I have them also.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

And I totally get that, I deal with it on a daily basis, but don't have your head so far up your a$$ that you just smile and nod without knowing what the customer is trying to accomplish. Not backlashing you, I really do appreciate the link. I'll be in touch with them on monday