Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anybody doing remanufactured big blocks (specifically 454 Mag efi)? >

Anybody doing remanufactured big blocks (specifically 454 Mag efi)?

Notices

Anybody doing remanufactured big blocks (specifically 454 Mag efi)?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.blueprintengines.com/
Old 03-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Friend of mine has a 1995 454 Mag efi that is junked. Needs a reman long block. Any ideas where to go about getting the correct engine? Everything I've looked at is carb application.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553139[/ATTACH]
brand new long blocks for $5200
http://www.1800runsnew.com/newbase-details-NLM.html

I buy a few engines from them every year.

By the way, I would never buy a reman again. First mate marine, and blue print engines are from a company in nebraska named marshalls engines. They are not consistently good. I have bought about 6 from then ending about 5 years ago. 1/2 of them were junk and they give you the runaround when warranty . Google marshal engines nebraska reviews
Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stimleck
Google this
marshal engines nebraska reviews

same company
Old 03-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oconnor marine
brand new long blocks for $5200
http://www.1800runsnew.com/newbase-details-NLM.html

I buy a few engines from them every year.

By the way, I would never buy a reman again. First mate marine, and blue print engines are from a company in nebraska named marshalls engines. They are not consistently good. I have bought about 6 from then ending about 5 years ago. 1/2 of them were junk and they give you the runaround when warranty . Google marshal engines nebraska reviews
Several years ago when I was shopping for a long block, I was told that 1800runs-new was not offering a warranty on the 502 motors anymore. Is that true?
Old 03-29-2016, 12:05 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I would not use 800 runs new engines. They do not stand behind anything they sell. google that one

hell years ago they knew nothing about (big block) using the 30 psi oil bypass valve for marine apps with oil coolers. They would not stand behind anyone of those engines that were sold without using the correct bypass valve. clueless

Last edited by BUP; 03-29-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i thought gm went to gen 6 in 96.
Gm did, but Merc still had some Gen V's through early 1997.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I would not use 800 runs new engines. They do not stand behind anything they sell. google that one

hell years ago they knew nothing about (big block) using the 30 psi oil bypass valve for marine apps with oil coolers. They would not stand behind anyone of those engines that were sold without using the correct bypass valve. clueless

Well that may be true BUP "They would not stand behind anyone of those engines that were sold without using the correct bypass valve.
I wouldn't warranty anything that didn't have the correct part on it either! ? not sure that is what you meant? No insult, just saying thats what you wrote.
My take is; the installer should know, thats the mechanic not the sales staff.

Anyhow Ive been doing business with 1800 runs new for about 10+ years.Great guys. They are a distributor/sales outlet for engines. Not the reman shop, just sales of remans and NEW marine base motors. I bought some first mate remans from them a while ago and they are NO GOOD. No good. 1800 runs new sells new GM base marine engines and 1st mate remans. So I called 1800runs new when I had a problem with the 1st mate remans, and I was redirected to mashall engines in nebraska which is the company that does the remans named 1st mate marine and BLUEPRINT engines. Thats fine, they did the reman they can handle the warranty.
1st mate marine engines Ad says new valves. Nope they are re-manufactured /re sized valve stems with new guides which should be ok I suppose but that isnt what we thought we were getting/paying for untill I took the head off of one of their JUNK remans with 2 hours on it that blew a head gasket. 3 different brands of valves all different resized stems on just one side!!!. We couldn't believe our eyes! They sent me a new head gasket and said re-sized valve stems where industry standard even though their ad to this day still says, new valves on the marine remans. I ended having to send the head to have it resurfaced on my dime. They suck. that isnt the only time I had a bad reman from 1st mate/ blueprint/ Marshall engines in Nebraska. I only do NEW now
Old 03-30-2016, 10:58 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^ no instructions nor mention of any bypass valve on their part to the retail guy who is 99% of their buyers. I have never bought from them period. I do not know one marine dealership that buys from 800 runs new, Not one. How I get to see their engines is because the boat owner bought them off the net. Most marine dealerships try to buy from known sources that stand behind their products they sell 100% with a wholesale account with many marine distributors. ie: land N sea, Barr marine, Merc, volvo, indmar, ILmor, Yamaha, sea star solutions and so on. As far as I know 800 runs new has the same price tag whether you are the end user or a full blown marine dealership,

Sierra marine parts stand behind everything they sell even if the marine shop jacked it up on their own. I am sure you know Sierra very well and some of their good products and some of their junk products because they have both, Even SEI stands 100 % behind their products plus I have seen them replace customer outdrives for free who impacted their SEI drive, Just saying

Last edited by BUP; 03-30-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
^^^^^ no instructions nor mention of any bypass valve on their part to the retail guy who is 99% of their buyers. I have never bought from them period. I do not know one marine dealership that buys from 800 runs new, Not one. How I get to see their engines is because the boat owner bought them off the net. Most marine dealerships try to buy from known sources that stand behind their products they sell 100% with a wholesale account with many marine distributors. ie: land N sea, Barr marine, Merc, volvo, indmar, ILmor, Yamaha, sea star solutions and so on. As far as I know 800 runs new has the same price tag weather you are the end user or a full blown marine dealership,

Sierra marine parts stand behind everything they sell even if the marine shop jacked it up on their own. I am sure you know Sierra very well and some of their good products and some of their junk products because they have both, Even SEI stands 100 % behind their products plus I have seen them replace customer outdrives for free who impacted their SEI drive, Just saying
Here are the facts;
sierra and sei are manufacturers. I sell both

1800runs new sell to all dealers in newengland.and beyond.

I pay 150 less than end user and I have a tax id exempt account. you cant beat thier prices for a brand new marine engine. its the same engine and source mercruiser buys thier engines from. GM

I sell products that I buy from my distributors that are warrantied by the manufacturer.
this shouldn't be a contest here.
Now my opinion is being in the marine repair business for over 30 years is; Do not buy a reman if you can get new for a couple hundred more. its a no brainer.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:47 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I also did a lot of research before buying 2 new502's. Ray at Raylar sent me info on the company that dresses Merc black engines. I spoke to them and was told the same thing. They all come from the same place. 800 runs new just drop ships the engines. They did not even stock 2 when I purchased mine. They just showed up on the loading dock 3 days later. Try to get anyone to stand by a warranty today is almost impossible. My 2 cents!😄

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.