How much horsepower do I have?? >

How much horsepower do I have??

Notices

How much horsepower do I have??

Old 04-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

OP-how much fuel pressure are you running and what is your PW at 4600-4800 rpms? At those rpms you can easily open a injector 12 M/S P/W, if your tune has them at 14 plus MS you do have a injector size problem, I just highly doubt it, I used 63 lb siemans dekas well past 1000 hp at 80 psi fuel pressure and about maxed out in M/S, fwiw, Smitty
Old 04-07-2016, 02:48 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

[QUOTE=articfriends;4425722]Its general knowledge that a typical BBC is around .48 to .52 bsfc,

Not that it matters, years ago Earl at Kinsler Fuel Injection recommended I use .62 on any supercharged Big Block stroker motor. I always liked running the proper sized injectors and normal fuel pressure with one regulator. I would rather have a little leeway than holes burned through the pistons, but that's just me.

Last edited by GPM; 04-07-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=GPM;4425978]
Originally Posted by articfriends
Its general knowledge that a typical BBC is around .48 to .52 bsfc,

Not that it matters, years ago Earl at Kinsler Fuel Injection recommended I use .62 on any supercharged Big Block stroker motor. I always liked running the proper sized injectors and normal fuel pressure with one regulator. I would rather have a little leeway than holes burned through the pistons, but that's just me.
I agree, I recently invested in a injector flowing/cleaning machine, one of the things that surprised me was if a set of injectors flow within 6% of each other at their rated pressure (usually 43.5 psi/3bar) when you turn up the pressure 20-25% which only make injector act 8-10 % bigger that difference doubles which would cause a terrible difference in afrs cylinder to cylinder. When I used 63 lb injectors at 80+ psi and near max duty cycle that WAS the biggest high impedance injector in existence so I made it work, never melted a piston ever in any of my blower motors but their are LOTS of bigger injectors choices out there today even for high impedance so I would never do it again, fwiw, Smitty.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

[QUOTE=articfriends;4425985]
Originally Posted by GPM
I agree, I recently invested in a injector flowing/cleaning machine, one of the things that surprised me was if a set of injectors flow within 6% of each other at their rated pressure (usually 43.5 psi/3bar) when you turn up the pressure 20-25% which only make injector act 8-10 % bigger that difference doubles which would cause a terrible difference in afrs cylinder to cylinder. When I used 63 lb injectors at 80+ psi and near max duty cycle that WAS the biggest high impedance injector in existence so I made it work, never melted a piston ever in any of my blower motors but their are LOTS of bigger injectors choices out there today even for high impedance so I would never do it again, fwiw, Smitty.
I run injector dynamic 2000 injectors in my turboed small block Ford street car. They are high impedance injectors thar flow 210lbs at 43psi. IMO hands down best injector on the market. I usually run e85 but have run straight pump gas and can idle the engine down to 500rpm with no issues. The injectors come in matched sets. They flow them across the complete range, not just high dc like most injectors. They are linear across the range, unlike most injectors that have tuning issues off idle. The injectors are expensive but could save your engine one day. They sells smaller sizes. The only draw back to their larger injectors is the price.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure what BW is. Fuel pressure is constant and set to 55 lbs I believe.
I can't remember off hand.

Everything is customizable and software is free here.
http://electromotive.com/support/software-downloads/

I need wintec 3 (I have Tec3 ecu). I can even send my tune to anyone who is interested in looking at it.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambocj7

I need wintec 3 (I have Tec3 ecu). I can even send my tune to anyone who is interested in looking at it.
I'd like to take a look
[email protected]
Old 04-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rambocj7

Not sure what wintec is BUT I can tell yopu this, every tune I have ever looked at or modded with a centrifugal supercharger and most other engines need about the most fuel near the tq peak or around 4500 to 5000 rpms then as it climbs up to top of hp peak the fuel tables get tapered back to about 80-90% of what its at in tq peak, for example the 502 I have on my dyno right now is at about 9.5 Milliseconds pulse width at 4800 at 100 map, by 5600 its at about 8.5 MS P/W. There are other modifiers in any efi tune that also add or subtract fuel based on ECT, tps, voltage to injector bias, iat. At only 5000 rpms like you mentioned a injector can easily fire to 12 if not 14 Ms. I'd be real curious to see what ypur 100 map MS is at 4800 and what your multiplier is at 130-140 KPA in boost table (that where 5-6 lbs boost will be).
Your efi works in one of three ways, either its set to "autotune" and watches the o2 sensor and trys to hit a target afr (a real bad idea full time on a boat), it has a target afr and was ran in autotune until it was tuned then tune was locked or it was manual tuned based on afr and is locked there,
IF it was too lean somewhere and became damaged aside from someone cranking in a bunch of timing, poor fuel quality, low fuel pressure then you need to retune it richer. IF you look at your fuel tables and they are at 13-14MS anywhere then you are out of injector (I highly doubt it). Most likely tune has a lean spot somehwhere, fwiw, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 04-07-2016 at 09:33 PM.