Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Analog Test Tach Connection On 525EFI? >

Analog Test Tach Connection On 525EFI?

Notices

Analog Test Tach Connection On 525EFI?

Old 04-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Analog Test Tach Connection On 525EFI?

Ive tried and tried to get an answer on this. Now we have some new members and some engine builders on board. Without going into details of why I can't rewire my boat now and install an AGI box, is there any way to get an analog tach signal from a 525? It sure seems that there would be a provision to connect a test tach for tuning, dyno, etc. I want to get my analog tach working without the hassle of rewiring the boat right now. Thanks in advance. Carl.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Registered

Nobody? I stumped everybody! lol
Old 04-11-2016, 11:26 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Scan Tool - the scan of the engine is the how to test the tach signal and rpm levels. The PCM needs the agi box to convert the digital output signal to analog. We also have testing tools besides the scan tool that can read rpms no matter what the ecm is or ignition set up. Do you want the name of these tools ?

You want to just test your rpms / tach signal or do u want to have an analog gauge for your rpms / tach permanently ?
Old 04-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Scan Tool - the scan of the engine is the how to test the tach signal and rpm levels. The PCM needs the agi box to convert the digital output signal to analog. We also have testing tools besides the scan tool that can read rpms no matter what the ecm is or ignition set up. Do you want the name of these tools ?

You want to just test your rpms / tach signal or do u want to have an analog gauge for your rpms / tach permanently ?
Thanks. Not what I was hoping to hear though! I want my analog tach working. I have the wiring harness and AGI box. When I put in the 525 I swapped out the new harness and box and nothing worked. No power to the helm. I know the procedure supposedly is to install the new harness and AGI box and possibly have ECM programmed for analog tach. After a lot of messing with it I put everything back. I have no tach, oil pressure or temp gauge. I would not be running the engine this way if not for the built in safeguards. I propped it by bumping the rev limiter warning horn in ideal conditions. Was hoping for an easy way to at least have a tach this summer.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should ask to have this moved to the tech section. In this day and age someone has figured this out I'm sure. Good luck!