FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems >

FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems

Notices

FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems

Old 04-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
NO no! not a lie, just not very clear. For a draw thru system, you set it up manually like a carb and the O2 will adjust the fuel map, which is what they did in the video apparently. The video SAYS the timing was "locked" at 28 degrees, meaning the ECU was not controlling timing in this configuration (because it can't). All that is correct and follows what the tech told me exactly. However, unlike a carb, the 02 WILL read the AFR, "self learn", and adjust on the fly, and any other changes can be made through their hand held monitor if you don't like something. Great advantage to carb, just not a complete plug and play on draw thru.. If you wanted spark control in a draw through, that will have to be with a separate system not tied to the ECU.

What you have to watch out for on draw thru is the advertising telling you that on draw thru, they read boost (up to 25lbs). and can control SPARK and all is completely self contained and self learning. There are some ads (Pace performance) that say Fitech has "Blower Ready" systems, and they show a Roots blower. The system currently (by my understanding) operates with a blow thru system up to 25lbs and will control spark, and in that configuration it is plug and play for a boosted motor.

Last edited by CDShack; 04-26-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:12 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Hate to say it, but aftmkt fuel injection without timing control is so early mid 90's. I'd pass !
Old 04-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Registered

"Supposedly" within the next 6-8 months they will have a TBI and MPI system that will have the capability to read boost on draw thru systems, and be completely self-contained and control everything. I'm at LEAST that far away from firing engines, so I think I'll wait them out!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Hate to say it, but aftmkt fuel injection without timing control is so early mid 90's. I'd pass !
If I understand correctly, it does control spark, just not for boost referenced apps yet (ie no reference port). For NA and blow through it will do spark.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see why blow thru or draw thru would be much of a change, I would imagine they run a MAP in the ecm, the mega squirt stuff we use does and thats where boost is picked up. They have a couple different MAP's depending on boost level, also I called and talked these guys about a year ago and was told they were working on their boost ready setup and would be ready in the future...guess thats now
Old 04-28-2016, 08:43 AM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by apollard
If I understand correctly, it does control spark, just not for boost referenced apps yet (ie no reference port). For NA and blow through it will do spark.
That doesn't make much sense. A draw thru does not have the throttle bodies in a pressurized environment - they are open to the atmosphere, the blow thru's are subected to 'boost.'. Remember, the injectors are in the throttle bodies.

Either way, if an application is not supported with ignition timing I would pass.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
That doesn't make much sense. A draw thru does not have the throttle bodies in a pressurized environment - they are open to the atmosphere, the blow thru's are subected to 'boost.'. Remember, the injectors are in the throttle bodies.

Either way, if an application is not supported with ignition timing I would pass.
The feature it doesn't have is the ability to reference the boost under the blower, so it could not pull spark when the pressure went up. The MAP sensor is integral to the throttle body, so on a blow through, it would see the increase in pressure and could pull spark.

Would work on a pull through blower, but not for spark control - unless you locked spark or had a separate controller.

Every system has it's limits and trade offs, even Holley, etc. I'd think the market for NA is huge. boost-referenced pull through blowers not so much. They went for the market niche of NA, where it is a complete system. Blow through boosted apps are essentially NA with some software and MAP changes for the pressure situations.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:47 PM
SB
Registered

Ahhhh ! Thank you Kemosabe (sp?) - I simply didn't see (or comprende or got old and forgot) the map sensor was internal to the throttle body.
I'm used to MAP sensor directly connected to the intake manifold.I thought it was a programming issue they had. Totally makes sense now. Thank you.

Originally Posted by apollard
The feature it doesn't have is the ability to reference the boost under the blower, so it could not pull spark when the pressure went up. The MAP sensor is integral to the throttle body, so on a blow through, it would see the increase in pressure and could pull spark.

Would work on a pull through blower, but not for spark control - unless you locked spark or had a separate controller.

Every system has it's limits and trade offs, even Holley, etc. I'd think the market for NA is huge. boost-referenced pull through blowers not so much. They went for the market niche of NA, where it is a complete system. Blow through boosted apps are essentially NA with some software and MAP changes for the pressure situations.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

It seems that more often than not folks lock out the timing anyways so in that case it's a non-issue, right?
Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Registered

Apollard--That was my understanding. The change they anticipate is simply a port to externally reference their internal MAP, allowing you to run a hose to a nipple below the blower and reference your vacuum and boost there, and control everything else based on it. At the price point he suggested, it's hard not to go with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.