FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems

Notices

FiTECH Fuel Injection Systems

Old 02-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
The sniper is just a glorified tbi unit per say and the fuel distribution would have to be extremely poor. The only thought that comes to my mind would be like a very tiny shower but with 8 huge shower heads spraying water all the over the place. Do not care what engine builder is using it or holley throwing free stuff to market it so an engine builder can talk the town up about it. You can throw a SC on a carb motor and make huge power as well.

And old tbi units are one of the poorest efi systems you can run in a marine app period and the sniper is a glorified version of that.
Nothing like opinions from people with no experience with the product.. I think you missed what the target audience is for any of these throttle body efi systems, whether it be MSD, Fast, Fitech, Holley, etc. The target market is people who want an entry level efi system to replace a carburetor. The only things a carburetor has going for it in comparison is initial cost, and ease of install. A carburetor doesn't offer knock protection, ignition control, adjust for altitude, better cold start, docking manners through IAC , etc. The old tbi units are actually very good at metering fuel, it was the controllers of the time that were sub-par. Agreed Multi point does offer some advantages, but there are also advantages to introducing the fuel farther away from the valve as well. A single plane intake manifold will have way better distribution then a dual. Price out what a datalogger with ignition control, an O2 sensor, and knock protection cost to add to a carbureted engine and you can really see the value in something like the Sniper.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,052 Likes on 1,357 Posts

He's a know it all Alex, I enjoyed the video thanks for sharing
Old 02-03-2017, 10:42 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

target is for what ? marine apps was my point from the post and your experience is with this sniper on boat apps or cars currently, I'm only asking ? Next as you said as well that injector placement is important = I totally 100 % agree ?

With that said and what I surely am thinking is that placing 8 injectors in a throttle body alone is a very poor placement then placing that on basically carb style intake with turns and bends is not the way to go. If you do that the fuel distribution would have to be poor .

How 8 injectors would NOT be spraying and collecting some fuel on the runner walls would be impossible -

Last edited by BUP; 02-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:44 PM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
He's a know it all Alex, I enjoyed the video thanks for sharing

Thanks and again you have a beef with me what is it - cause I work on boats ? or something cause I have a new boat build going on = have no idea ? Like I ever done something to you ? Maybe you taken a post of mine wrong or something to that effect ? or directed something at you ? .

Last edited by BUP; 02-03-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:46 PM
BUP
Banned

I enjoyed the video to never said I did not - thanks for posting it as well - and enjoyed the pull off the shelf carb run as well

both ran great on the dyno watched it twice.

Last edited by BUP; 02-03-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BUP
what I surely am thinking is that placing 8 injectors in a throttle body alone is a very poor placement then placing that on basically carb style intake with turns and bends is not the way to go. If you do that the fuel distribution would have to be poor .

How 8 injectors would NOT be spraying and collecting some fuel on the runner walls would be impossible -
You're "thinking", or have tested with your dyno and data acquisition equipment? There will definitely be fuel on the runner walls, do you think this is bad, or something that doesn't happen with a carburetor? You may want to research this before posting, it will save you from having to backtrack later and then edit all your posts as you often do. That must be time consuming..
Old 02-04-2017, 01:05 AM
BUP
Banned

^^^^^^ One is its my time and the consumption amount of it however I want to spend doing so and 2 is I am a very poor speller who does not use spell check so have to go back and correct my mistakes. Thirdly my computer does not like this site for operating correctly and fourthly --- I think way faster than I can type so editing is the process here for me but it does not effect my abilities in any shape or form especially working on boats. I think that can be a very fair statement on my part. And this time around I took my time on posting and no editing. I edit all my posts if you go back and look at any of the 5000 plus posts. That's the way it is.

So do you think the more fuel hitting the runners as it hits, in which will form into bigger droplets then have the possibilities to run down the runners is not a bad thing ? Or do you think for fuel to atomize better is best not pool off and down the runners ? I am not asking but would like to hear your response. Like I said injector placement surely has effectiveness or not.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1,210 Likes on 582 Posts

So the Sniper will now support boost applications? It use to say on the website that it did not. Or, it will only support blow through not roots style.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
So the Sniper will now support boost applications? It use to say on the website that it did not. Or, it will only support blow through not roots style.
That's what I understood, but that video shows it practically designed for blow through.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The standard 4 injector sniper using their handheld tuner, isn't designed for boosted applications. But, like most of their efi stuff, it is very versatile and with laptop tuning can be configured for different things. Chances are, if you're building a big power SC'd engine you'd step up to the HP, or Dominator box. Steve's video does a good job of showing capability of this system though, and for someone on a tight budget it gives them a really great option over an expensive blow thru carb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.