A couple 575 sci questions >

A couple 575 sci questions

Notices

A couple 575 sci questions

Old 05-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple 575 sci questions

I originally had wanted to add a chiller and a bigger blower to my Howard but it won't fit, and I'm not willing to cut up my seat and hatch. So, I am just going to enjoy it like it is except for a tune. The engine is stock but I suspect the blower pulley is a smaller one than original based on a conversation with the last owner.
1. What is the stock pulley size on a 2004 575sci?
2. Who has a good "canned" tune for the engine.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

4" is stock, I ran 3.5" with stock tune. Have you looked at the Dyers kit? A 671 or 871 would be a huge upgrade over that 250 and I believe they run a 2" wide belt vs the standard 3" Gilmer belt. You will gain a lot of performance just with the bigger blower and leaving the chiller out. How much clearance do you have?

I would think Eddie Young, Ben Wiersum or Mark Boos would have a tune, this is actually a necessity as the stock tunes wash the cylinders down at idle...way too rich.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I've been very happy with Eddie's tune - although it's not "canned". Engine's start up so much better than they did before.