496 fuel injector problem >

496 fuel injector problem

Notices

496 fuel injector problem

Old 05-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 fuel injector problem

I have a 03 496 ho and the fault alarm goes off only when I start the motor. So I hooked it up to a scanner and it has a fault code 69 fuel injector 6 open. The boat didn't go into guardian mode or lose power still has 100% available power. The boat ran fine with the fault but what should I do to fix it and what injector is number six? Thanks
Old 03-31-2018, 12:28 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I understand old post here but I was directed to this early in the day if I can help answer. Same deal code 69.

Yes very possible bad injector. Keep in mind fuel injectors are basically per say an electrical and mechanical solenoid. Basically the jist ---- power / ground ----- open and close per ECM command rates

Also it could be an open connection to the injector on the wiring harness side. One can test the connector with a noid lite and volt / OHM meter as well.

I actually have a tool with readouts that tests power at the connector and displays a digital readouts for m/s pulse widths of the injector while cranking and engine running. I can test each injector to see how they are pulsing by watching the read out thru all rpm ranges. I also have a hand held tool that pulses the injector with engine / key off and displays a blinking lite per varies of different m/s pulse widths per my selection, These tests all are done with the injectors still in the fuel rails / installed in the engine..

I hope this helps to the person who asked me. . Once again I was directed to this post. If you need help, let me know as I can test / flow test any gas side fuel injector. Good luck

Last edited by BUP; 03-31-2018 at 10:01 AM.