Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Alarm wont stop sounding ? Any ideas why ? >

Alarm wont stop sounding ? Any ideas why ?

Notices

Alarm wont stop sounding ? Any ideas why ?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

The strange part is the fact that it only goes off when BOTH keys are on.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I suppose you went through a shut down and restart deal also right? Just a basic reset. I use to have this happen once in a great while and for the life of me can't remember the problem. It may have been the drive resivor tanks/bottles mentioned in above post. But I would imagine it had something to do with install. Wasn't that way before but is now. Did you clip off a sensor/sender or something lowering new install? Ground? Possibly buzzer itself but I doubt it. Just start process of elimination. Glad all at least went well and it was nothing obvious. You'll find it
I will try this..... Thanks....
Old 05-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
I had that problem with my 500efi's and it was that the float in the drive lube bottle was stuck down. The bottom of the bottle was all gummed up. Drain the bottles and clean it out. That might be your problem to
just did this Sunday when I installed drives for the season.....
Old 05-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by poulsen11@yahoo.
Do you have a fuel vapor sensor? When the sensor fails it triggers false alarms all the time. Replace sensor - alarm goes away.
Have to check this too...... Thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
The strange part is the fact that it only goes off when BOTH keys are on.
Exactly..... I run just port and its off, run just stbd and its off...... both running and it sounds......weird
Old 05-27-2016, 09:55 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Are you sure its the warning horn for the engines NOT a fume detector or CO alarm or Low depth alarm ?

Is your engines stock with stock ECM if so post your engine serial numbers.

Possibles - wiring, low voltage (battery (ies), other possibles- how you have your batteries linked all together, have you load tested your batteries and checked all connections and for corrosion issues ? Shorted wiring.

Unplug your gear lube bottles wires while alarm is going off ? Did alarm go away ?

Next what kind of alarm ??? solid horn - solid horn but stops and starts all over , or Beep beep beep ??? You failed to mentioned that end ? I understand this should be a MEFI ecm is this correct for your app cause 50 % up here do not have stock apps. Always have to ask these important things. Can not fix if you do not know exactly what you have for an app. Just saying

Do you have one warning horn for twin engines or do have 2 warning horns for each engine ???

Possible warning horn bad or shorted

Last edited by BUP; 05-27-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Are you sure its the warning horn for the engines NOT a fume detector or CO alarm or Low depth alarm ?

Is your engines stock with stock ECM if so post your engine serial numbers.

Possibles - wiring, low voltage (battery (ies), other possibles- how you have your batteries linked all together, have you load tested your batteries and checked all connections and for corrosion issues ? Shorted wiring.

Unplug your gear lube bottles wires while alarm is going off ? Did alarm go away ?

Next what kind of alarm ??? solid horn - solid horn but stops and starts all over , or Beep beep beep ??? You failed to mentioned that end ? I understand this should be a MEFI ecm is this correct for your app cause 50 % up here do not have stock apps. Always have to ask these important things. Can not fix if you do not know exactly what you have for an app. Just saying

Do you have one warning horn for twin engines or do have 2 warning horns for each engine ???

Possible warning horn bad or shorted
definatly not low depth but it possibly could be fume detector..... I will double check that this week..... engines are not stock but I have no idea what was done to them. I actually started another thread trying to see if anyone knows the engines. They came out of the infamous Cobra marine but were never touched by them. They run great so far but I'd love to know what was done to them. It's a solid alarm, it just goes and goes and goes........ And each engine has it's own alarm. Like I stated before its odd because it only sounds when both engines are running..... as soon as I shut one or the other the buzzers go silent....... thanks for the help so far.......
Old 05-31-2016, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just had the same problem last week running the boat for the 1st time. Turned out to be corrosion in the tether/kill switch. I think it was just enough to change the voltage and sounding alarm steady
Old 05-31-2016, 05:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by class6
I just had the same problem last week running the boat for the 1st time. Turned out to be corrosion in the tether/kill switch. I think it was just enough to change the voltage and sounding alarm steady
I'll check that too...... thanks
Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I had an alarm go off the first year with our boat 7.4 mpi - stock-- turns out it wasn't an engine alarm but a depth alarm-- I inadvertently set the alarm depth wrong and it was going crazy.

3pointstar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.