Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Aeromotive Fuel Pump - Losing pressure >

Aeromotive Fuel Pump - Losing pressure

Notices

Aeromotive Fuel Pump - Losing pressure

Old 05-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aeromotives use the fuel to cool themselves so if they had to sat a long time and had to fight to draw fuel in you could have damaged them. Call Aeromotive...I always had good luck with dealing with them.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

There great pumps if used often, when drag racing it seemed like every spring someone had one take a sh!t. Weldon would be your best replacement or put a primer pump teed to the inlet with a check valve
Old 05-31-2016, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
Swap them out for some Weldon's and be done with it. I don't want to have to tow you all over Old Hickory when you come down
I hear ya, should have it all taken care of by then. Will also carry a spare, but I would save an awful lot of gas if you did tow me around....
Old 05-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
There great pumps if used often, when drag racing it seemed like every spring someone had one take a sh!t. Weldon would be your best replacement or put a primer pump teed to the inlet with a check valve
Not a bad idea.

Turbo, they are slightly above the tanks, which I know is not the best, HOWEVER, they are mounted out in the open and very easy to get at. Otherwise, they would be mounted way down in the bilge which is probably not ideal, but I agree would help with the gravity assist.

Makes sense if I fried it starving it for fuel. Probably got clogged from what I saw in the separator, then running back to the marina may have taken out the pump or damaged it.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you use a Weldon just use the rite size fuse. Sounds like fuel filter is plugged up happened to a friend with a 1075.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your fuel water separator is burning the pump up. You need to put the separator after the pump. Also, it's best to mount the pump on the floor in the bildge. You shouldn't have anything but a 100 micron filter in front of the pump... Your pump is overheating and loosing its tolerances then you loose fuel pressure.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Registered

OK, I understand what you're saying.

What do you think about installing a small "lift" pump near the tank (as someone mentioned before). This would provide positive head, similar to mounting the pump on the bilge floor. Anywhere you mount the pump, it still has to "pull" the fuel out of the tank thru the pickup, so mounting the pump lower doesn't solve the issues 100%.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

What do you think about installing a small "lift" pump near the tank (as someone mentioned before). This would provide positive head, similar to mounting the pump on the bilge floor. Anywhere you mount the pump, it still has to "pull" the fuel out of the tank thru the pickup, so mounting the pump lower doesn't solve the issues 100%.
Call the pump manufacturer. They will give u all the do's and don't...
Old 06-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

Buy a quality Weldon pump and don't look back.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

When I was looking at electric pumps I was going to mount it on a metal plate with slack in the hoses so that I could lower it into the bilge but pull it up easily for testing and maintenance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.