water pressure problem >

water pressure problem

Notices

water pressure problem

Old 06-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John B
I read this and thought the purpose of this site is to help others solve problems. You left us all hanging out in the wind. How does that help those who participated trying to help you?

I guess your right , SORRY .

here is the story ....

took boat to tunner to get the engines re-tuned because of changing the 500efi intakes and having them ported . ran great and had 10-14lbs of water pressure . next week hauled the boat to the ticfaw 200 put the boat in the water and ran 1 mile up the river and this having no water pressure showed up , after going back to the dock I pulled the impellers and they looked great , replaced the one on the motor that was getting hot . now when I am saying hot I am saying 195 and setting off the alarm, when its idiling it will cool back down to 140 . so we looked at the strainer and exhaust and had water swirling in them . so we tried it again same thing 195 when running so we shut it down again . so after about 6 miles of checking I noticed water getting on the outside of my headers and looked down beside the port motor and saw a little of water running out between the head and block ... HEADGASKET blown . SO we took the boat home pulled the motor and replaced the head gasket and head because of missing metal between the chamber and water passage . OK NOW HERE IS WHERE IT GETS CRAZY . while the engine was out I put low water pickups on the boat , to help the water pressure . reinstalled the engine and took it to the lake . starboard motor has 20lbs now and port has 20 that will go down to 0 when the boat is on plane . so that's where I was stumped on this and started THIS thread .

now the problem was the water pickups I installed are too short when the boat is on plane for the port motor , and after I changed it back to the drive pick up its ok . during this I noticed the starboard motor is also loosing water pressure when its trimmed out .

so you see how I didn't think the pick up was the problem, because of the water pressure problem before the head gasket . this was a case of problem before was different that looked the same as problem after .

sorry to not answer this thread but because of some of the " YOU dumbass " comments I have seen from other threads and I didn't want to hear that
Old 06-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for the followup Kenny!